Realty Income, The Monthly Dividend Company®, one of four San Diego based S&P 500 companies dedicated to providing shareholders with dependable monthly income. Our company is structured as a REIT, and its monthly dividends are supported by the cash flow, over 6,000 real estate properties owned under long-term lease agreements with regional and national commercial tenants. To date, our company has declared almost 600 consecutive common stock monthly dividends throughout its 50-year operating history and has continually increased the dividend since Realty Income's public listing in 1994 (NYSE: O). Our company attracts individuals who value integrity, perseverance, and teamwork. If you appreciate working on a truly collaborative team in a professional environment in a company that encourages a work-life balance, make sure to apply today!
As Realty Income's Senior Accounting Processes Improvement Specialist will be responsible for working with the Process Optimization and Change Leadership team as well as various stakeholders throughout the organization. Reporting to the VP, Assistant Controller, Corporate Accounting, you will be implementing solutions that drive efficiencies and increased effectiveness of the company's operations.
Your Contribution to the Team Includes
- Interact with technical and non-technical (cross-functional) stakeholders and be able to understand end-user business requirements, identify/recommend/implement a technology and/or process-oriented solution.
- Develop new and/or enhance existing tools, reports, workflows or techniques to improve operational quality, productivity, and accuracy of financial reporting.
- Plan, execute and manage the integration of new applications into existing systems and software throughout the enterprise, with particular focus on Accounting and Finance Operations workflows.
- Provide end users with easy to use reports and data visualization using Power BI, the Microsoft office suite of products, custom Yardi reports, and other tools as identified.
- Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of application-usage best practices.
- Evaluate and recommend emerging technologies and innovations and collaboratively improve or implement new processes, workflows, and technology solutions improving efficiency
- System and software implementation and upgrade testing
- Lead cross-departmental data integration initiatives
- Create tools to store, aggregate and report data (e.g. OLAP cubes, SharePoint Lists, SQL Tables, Excel, etc.)
What You'll Need to be Successful
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Management, or specialized training / certification
- 5 years relevant work experience
- Industry experience preferred.
- Ability to execute in ambiguous situations and take the lead without explicit instructions.
- Ability to handle large volumes of work, meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong capability and affinity for innovative problem solving
- Excellent coordination, organizational and administrative skills
- Detail-oriented, accurate, reliable and flexible
- Driven and self-motivated; ability to work independently without supervision
- Learning mindset and demonstrated ability to assist in workflow design as well as data architecture and digitization needs within Accounting, Finance Operations and throughout the company
- Professional conduct and discretion at all times.
- Excellent PC skills required, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficiency with Microsoft enterprise data and collaboration tools preferred, including Power BI, SharePoint, Power Automate, Power Apps and Teams
- Experience with Yardi preferred
- Experience building workflows is preferred
- Able to work effectively and constructively in cross-functional teams
- Service oriented / customer-focused mindset
- Ability/eagerness to continuously learn, propose new and better ways to do business and apply new information or skills to improve processes and performance.
- Perform detailed work without losing sight of how the end product will fit into the overall process and how that process fits into the company's overall operations
- Ability to effectively write and modify SQL queries of moderate to difficult complexity.
- Knowledge and understanding of data governance challenges and best practices for metadata, data quality, and data stewardship
In response to COVID-19, Realty Income has maintained our business operations and have open opportunities, yet made necessary adjustments to our hiring process. We are conducting all steps of the interview process in a virtual capacity. In response to California's Stay at Home order and other states with similar provisions, our employees will continue to work remotely until these restrictions have been lifted and it is safe to work in an office again. Realty Income has endeavored to be adaptable and strategic in our capacity to maneuver in an unfamiliar situation, and we pride ourselves on our resilience. We immensely appreciate both your flexibility and consideration of Realty Income for employment.
To all recruitment agencies: Realty Income does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job's alias, Realty Income employees, or any company location. Realty Income is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.