To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Southfield, MI 48034
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
XPO Logistics, Inc. • Southfield, MI
Posted 1 month ago
Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, we’re constantly looking for talented individuals at all levels, who can deliver the caliber of service our company requires. As the Material Planner, you will plan, schedule and monitor the movement of automotive materials through the production cycle. You will also determine material requirements from engineering releases and production schedules and develop specifications for new contract orders. We’ll tap into your knowledge of warehouse and transportation operations to help us continue to deliver world-class customer service. On our team, you’ll have the tools and support you need to excel at your job while building a rewarding career with a dynamic global company.
Pay benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Determine production requirements for assigned groupings of automotive parts by reviewing sales or engineering releases, historical data, exception reports, etc.; coordinate cycle count activities for assigned parts
- Maintain proper inventory levels based on weekly schedules, historical usage and demand forecast; issue purchase orders to suppliers to meet production requirements
- Coordinate and manage supply base in relation to delivery, expediting shipments, purchase orders, inventory levels, invoicing/pricing/receiving discrepancies, packaging, ongoing programs, etc.
- Manage procurement data input and integrity in supply chain management system or other enterprise-wide systems
- Coordinate new product implementations with suppliers, Material Handling, Engineering and Assembly teams and personnel
- Monitor quality, service and delivery issues; resolve supplier packaging problems and take corrective action as necessary
- Communicate with corporate purchasing contacts about potential improvement opportunities with pricing or regarding changes to the supplier model, e.g., sequenced/kitted vs. 830/bulk shipments
- Resolve bill of material and on-hand discrepancies through research with Engineering, Manufacturing and Materials personnel
- Oversee Advanced Shipment Notification (ASN) for proper transmission; ensure accurate receipt of goods
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 2 years of experience in supply chain or logistics
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint)
It’d be great if you also have:
- 2 years of experience in material requirements planning
- Highly organized and detail-oriented work style with a proactive and professional attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to function effectively as a member of a team while promoting a positive and collaborative work environment
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, maintain confidentiality when appropriate, produce accurate output and meet deadlines
This job requires the ability to:
- Lift up to 20 lbs.
- Discern color and possess field vision
Be part of something big. #LI-RL1
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L'Oréal, Toyota and many others. We’re the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we’re just getting started.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.