HR Administrative Assistant/ReceptionistDEPARTMENT:
Human Resources AdminSTATUS:
Provides administrative and receptionist support to ensure smooth operations with Human Resources Administration.
TASKS, DUTIES, FUNCTIONS:
- Deliver exceptional customer service in responding to employee questions and providing general support to HR functional areas.
- Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of human resources information, files, records, and documentation.
- Provide administrative support to the HR department.
- Perform periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected, filed appropriately and kept up-to-date.
- Manage calendar, scheduling tasks and emails for the VP of HR as requested.
- Order office supplies and monitor inventory of office supplies with attention to budgets.
- Restructure office layout as organizational needs change.
- Maintain effective control of vendor relationships, invoicing, business expenses, and other financial resources.
- Monitor costs and expenses to assist in budget preparation.
- Act as a liaison to vendors, building management, and other external parties.
- Assists with planning and execution of special events such as benefits enrollment, organization-wide meetings, employee recognition events, holiday parties, and retirement celebrations.
- Responsible for creation of new organizational charts, as well as the ongoing maintenance of existing organizational charts.
- Process employee lifecycle HR transactions including new hire, employee changes, payroll, and separations.
- Create, edit, and distribute emails, newsletters, reports, documents, agreements, and other correspondence upon request.
- Answer frequently asked questions from employees regarding policies, benefits, hiring processes, etc.; refers complex questions to appropriate senior-level HR staff or management.
- Assist with new hire orientation and employee separation procedures.
- May assist with payroll functions including processing, answering employee questions, fixing processing errors, and distributing checks.
- May assist with benefits functions including coordinating with health, disability, and retirement plan providers.
- Create and update user guides for technology systems used in the office.
- Meet and exceed performance and service level metrics for timeliness, accuracy, and customer service.
- Assist with standard and ad hoc reporting including hiring trends, turnover, performance and/or compensation planning.
- Maintain and troubleshoot technology in the office, including computers, networking, printers, copiers, telephones, televisions, projectors, and all software systems.
- Assist in implementing new technology roll-outs and upgrades as needed.
- Follow Standard Operations Procedures (SOPs) and process workflows.
- Partner with HRIS on supporting tools/systems and troubleshooting issues.
- Respond to requests for verification of employment.
- Receive, sort, and distribute mail within the HR team. Prepare outgoing mail for processing.
- Order and picks up lunch for various meetings as needed.
- Coordinate travel arrangements as needed.
- Perform other duties as required.
PHYSICAL SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EXERTION UTILIZED IN THE PERFORMANCE OF THESE TASKS:
- Effective oral and written communication skills required to assist HR department.
- Must possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate an on-line computer terminal and other standard office equipment, such as financial calculators, personal computer, facsimile machine and telephone.
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTACTS & RELATIONSHIPS:
INTERNAL: Human Resources team, all company employees.
EXTERNAL: Vendors and outside visitors.
EDUCATION: Minimum of AA degree in business related courses preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of two years of solid experience as an administrative assistant.
- Strong interpersonal skills/friendly
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- PC and iPad skills, strong in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and Adobe
- Ability to efficiently use the internet for conference travel coordination
- Ability to multitask
- Independent worker with ability to be flexible and work well with existing team
- Effective follow-through
- Quick learner
- Prolonged sitting throughout the workday with occasional mobility required.
- Corrected vision within the normal range.
- Occasional lifting, bending and stooping throughout the workday to maintain files and store supplies weighing up to fifteen pounds.
- Hearing within normal range. A device to enhance hearing will be provided if needed.
- Ability to lift 15 lbs. as may be required.
- Occasional movements throughout the department daily to interact with staff, accomplish tasks, etc.
- Limited local and statewide travel by car or public conveyance.
A valid California Driver’s license.