Sargent & Lundy is one of the most experienced full-service architect-engineering firms in the world. Founded in 1891, the firm is a global leader in power and energy with expertise in grid modernization, renewable energy, energy storage, nuclear power, and fossil fuels. Sargent & Lundy delivers comprehensive project services\u2014from consulting, design and implementation to construction management, commissioning and operations/maintenance\u2014with an emphasis on quality and safety. The firm serves public and private sector clients in the power and energy, gas distribution, industrial, and government sectors.
Our Core Values
Every decision we make is guided by our core values. By upholding these six principles, we support our clients, employees, and community. They are the compass we follow as we continue to grow our business and lead the industry.
Quality \u2013 We provide high-quality deliverables and services through an uncompromising focus on peer review, safety, and continuous improvement.
Accountability \u2013 Our actions demonstrate the highest levels of professionalism, integrity, and respect.
Our People \u2013 We value diverse perspectives, encourage professional growth, and are committed to providing a work community where people thrive. Our work is challenging but rewarding.
Our Clients \u2013 We deliver value and exceed our clients\u2019 expectations through outstanding customer service, personal accessibility, and clear communication.
Innovation \u2013 Since 1891, we have invested in the people, training, tools, and technology needed to quickly adapt in a constantly changing world.
Meaningful Impact \u2013 We make a positive impact in the communities where we work and live.
As a Project Engineer, you will be assigned to work on one or more project teams and assist the engineering team members in the execution of their project work. The projects may involve the design of new and/or modifications and upgrades to existing facilities, structures, systems, and components. In addition to personally performing and contributing to the engineering efforts, you will help to coordinate resources from multiple Sargent & Lundy (S&L) offices. It is anticipated that the majority of the work will be associated with Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL) and, specifically, its nuclear facilities; however, there may be opportunities to participate in projects elsewhere at LANL, in New Mexico, and around the Department of Energy Complex. Working under the direction of the New Mexico Operations Vice President who is based in Albuquerque, this position will offer you the opportunity to utilize and expand your skills in design, engineering, project, and client management. Key responsibilities include:
- Close coordination with and management of client interfaces
- Technical support in formulating, planning and executing engineering design and analysis activities
- Resource planning, coordination of resources, and assistance with integration of project participants
- Internal and external tracking, management, and reporting of project budget and schedule progress
- Lead efforts to ensure projects are completed satisfactorily, on time, and within budget
- Coordinate systems design activities to ensure installation and operations will comply with specifications, codes, and client requirements
- Prepare reports and studies that present technical information in a clear and concise manner and meet client requirements and S&L formats
- Perform independent reviews of work performed by others including calculations and drawing preparation
- As projects move to the fabrication/construction phase, you may provide hardware fabrication liaison support as well in-the-field construction/installation support for Title III activities
Must be a U.S. Citizen; Dual citizenship with a country other than the U.S. does not qualify.
We do not sponsor employees for work authorization in the U.S. for this position.
Essential skills and experience:
- Must be able to pass a U.S. Government security clearance check; a DOE Q clearance is preferred
- This position requires a Bachelor of Science degree from an ABET-accredited engineering program
- Candidates shall possess a working knowledge of operations in facilities involving hazardous operations such as DOE nuclear facilities
- Candidate shall have at least 10 years of experience
- Good verbal and written communication skills along with strong PC skills are required
Valued but not required skills and experience:
- Expertise in software tools such as MATLAB, Excel, Primavera/P6, Microsoft Project, and the other Microsoft Office software tools, is highly desirable
- An understanding of the practical application of engineering and technology, including applying systems, principles, techniques, and procedures to a project design
- Expertise in engineering design and analysis tools such as AutoCAD, Revit, ANSYS, etc. is highly desirable
- Construction planning, oversight, and safety, especially in a highly regulated environment like a DOE national laboratory, is highly desirable
- Familiarity with NQA-1 Quality Assurance programs and procedures
Sargent & Lundy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any protected status as defined by law.
- Auto Cad
- Autodesk Revit