You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Software Systems Engineer
Pivotal Commware develops 5G communications platforms, systems and applications based on Holographic Beam Forming® , a patented breakthrough in electromagnetic physics. HBF allows Pivotal to create software-defined antennas that can harness, shape and direct radio waves with order-of magnitude advantages over legacy beamforming systems in cost, size, weight and power consumption (C-SWaP). HBF enables mobile network operators to maximize capacity, coverage and throughput on demand and is recognized as an essential element in the 5G ecosystem. 5G leadership is pivotal to the US economy, and 5G is Pivotal™.
Pivotal is seeking a Software Systems engineer to create system requirements and system design for their 5G mmWave Smart Repeater family of products and associated cloud native planning and management solutions. This role will be responsible for multiple projects while working closely with a small group of scientists, engineers, and business leaders in a start-up environment.
The candidate will be responsible for the design and analysis of BSP, Embedded Linux, and cloud-based control systems including composition of system requirements, generation of traceability matrices, development of test plans and test cases.
- Collaborate with product management, embedded SW engineering, and cloud-based management team to define precise system requirements.
- Decompose product level use cases and objectives into engineering system requirements.
- Write technical documents specifying detailed requirements to be provided as detailed specifications to the development teams
- Prototype new features in collaboration with the development teams using Python or similar tools
- Define test plans, and test cases for embedded SW and cloud-based beam management system services.
- Define figures of merit and acceptance criteria for embedded SW and cloud-based management services.
- Accountable for successful new product introduction, launch, and maintenance through the entire product lifecycle.
- Weekly workstream reporting including briefing sponsors and internal stakeholders.
- Support deep-dive presentations to customers, requiring implementation details (workflows, API details, etc.)
- 5 years of experience and Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science or related technical field. Master's degree preferred.
- Ability to understand and translate product requirements into system requirements
- Experience in development and testing of the 4G/5G RAN systems.
- Background in real time embedded systems such as RT Linux
- Solid understanding of agile software development, preferably with hands-on experience using an Agile/Kanban/Scrum methodology to produce and to release products.
- Experience with telecommunications infrastructure products or networking products required, preferably on RF/RAN area.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communications skills to interact with product management and engineering teams.
- Working knowledge of the 3GPP standards (especially the 32 series) and O-RAN OAM standards is a plus
- Experience with public cloud (preferably Azure) software development, IoT framework and serverless implementations.
- Background in programming with current ability for developing quick prototypes using Python or other frameworks.
- Strong leadership skills to be able to influence others and drive consensus of conflicting priorities.
Targeted starting salary range: $120,000 - $160,000/yr
Annual bonus eligibility - up to 15% of base salary
Individual Stock Options - Board approved
Complete list of benefits - Click here
Pivotal is expanding its team and looks for talent at all levels. If the parameters of this particular job are not an exact match for your skills and experience, we still encourage you to apply to our "Don't see an exact fit to your profile" job posting at the bottom of our careers page. Our Recruiting team will evaluate your background appropriately for new, upcoming or alternative roles and reach out if there is interest on our part for discussion.
Pivotal was named among Washington's Top 100 Places to Work in 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 & 2022.
At Pivotal you will join a team experienced in advanced communications, RAN system development and deployment, commercial antenna's, RF design, cloud-based management software and machine learning. If you want to apply yourself to this fascinating endeavor, then we would love to hear from you!
Pivotal is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills, and experiences within our workforce.
- 4 G (Telecommunication)
- Agile Methodology
- Binary Space Partitioning
- Computer Programming
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: g34f1wq
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.