To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1 Steel Drive
Calvert, AL 36513
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Allied Reliability • Calvert, AL
Posted 24 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Quotes, negotiates (when applicable) and issues purchase orders up to authorized limits for onsite services (e.g. industrial cleaning, scaffolding etc.) and capital projects (various sizes).
Services and Capital background knowledge is mandatory and respective information as reference should be provided.
- Fulfill the commitment to ensure a safe and healthy work environment.
- Fulfill the responsibilities required to achieve the Quality Commitment.
- Ensure working knowledge of competencies as defined in ISO 9001: 2015/IATF 16949 and ISO 14001: 2015
- Quotes and negotiates (when applicable) and issues purchase orders up to authorized limits for indirect-/direct materials, onsite services (e.g. industrial cleaning, scaffolding etc.) and capital projects (various sizes).
- Balances the price, delivery, quality, service and value tradeoffs and rationalizes the supply base on the given buying desk.
- Follows up with requestors and end users regarding purchase order due dates and status when inquiries are made.
- Follows all Purchasing/Supply Chain policies, procedures, guidelines, and instructions including those regarding the procurement of materials and particularly the ability to keep confidential information regarding all purchasing or commodity strategies confidential.
- Provides assistance to related departments when applicable to the assigned buying desk (e.g., supplier invoice discrepancies with Accounting, non-conforming material and supplier root cause, etc.).
- Negotiates, or assists in the negotiation of, short and long-term agreements.
- Assists with, or conducts, supplier site audits and investigations.
- Maintains the Buyer scorecard for the assigned buying desk to assist with cost savings/cost avoidance reporting.
- Serves as the main point of contact for outside departments (Engineering, Accounting, HR, etc.) as well as suppliers.
- BS in Finance/Accounting, Engineering, Supply Chain Management or Business Administration
- Strong project management skills, and ability to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proven contract negotiation skills
- Understanding of Contract/Legal Terminology and Language at an intermediate/proficient level.
- 5 + years’ experience in purchasing/buying
- PC and software literate, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and relational databases.
- Market and Industry research/analysis techniques.
- Knowledge of strategic sourcing best practices.
- Project Management/Analytical/Leadership skills.
- Statistical Analysis