To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Diego, CA
- Alere, Inc.
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Scientist, Assay Development
ALERE • San Diego, CA
Posted 3 days ago
Alere is now Abbott! Abbott is an equal employment/affirmative action employer of Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability please send an email to let us know the nature of your request.
The Alere™ i is a novel point-of-care in vitro molecular diagnostic platform capable of detecting a DNA or RNA target in less than fifteen minutes from a crude lysate, with exquisite sensitivity and specificity. The platform is driven by a proprietary isothermal nucleic acid amplification technology (iNAT). The Alere™ i Influenza A & B test, Strep A test and RSV test have all received CLIA waiver, with the Influenza A & B test being the first molecular test to obtain such status. Abbott is currently looking for a dynamic individual who can help expand test content on the Alere™ i platform as well as engage in research activities focused on improving/altering iNAT performance. An employment opportunity is currently available with Ionian Technologies, a subsidiary of Abott, at our location in San Diego, CA
Assay Development - Scientist: The Scientist will perform studies focused on assay and technology development, including the design, screening and optimization of novel assays, as well as expanding the capabilities of the core technology.
- Develop and optimize iNAT assays, from initial screening through performance validation on clinical samples
- Perform research related to improving and expanding core technology capabilities
- Optimize sample preparation and detection approaches coupled to the iNAT's core technology
- Analyze experimental results and provide written reports and oral presentations to executives
- Perform assay development studies, from design through performance validation on clinical samples
- Demonstrate technical proficiency in molecular techniques
- Investigate problem areas and areas of desirable product improvement