Job ID: 154832
The Shelly Company, a CRH company, is a vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready mix concrete and paving services throughout the state of Ohio. Our commitment to quality drives us to use the most modern, efficient and environmentally friendly technology in our industry. The Shelly Company is known throughout the industry for innovation, quality and for our commitment to safety.
Repairs and maintains machinery and equipment under direction of shop supervisor.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
The duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Must have own tools.
• Can cut and weld.
• Has the knowledge of hydraulic and electrical systems on heavy equipment.
• Has ability to multi-task and prioritize work tasks.
• Can work extended hours when necessary.
• Can effectively problem solve.
• Has basic computer skills.
• Examines equipment and discusses with Project Manager nature and extent of damage or malfunction.
• Plans work procedure and/or possible solutions such as part redesign, substitution of material or parts, or rearrangement of parts or subassemblies.
• Raises equipment, with hydraulic jack, hoist or crane, to gain access to mechanical units bolted to underside of equipment.
• Removes units or pieces such as engines, transmissions, drums, seals, etc.
• Repairs or replaces parts such as drums, seals, buckets, hydraulic pumps, electric motors, valves, pistons, rods, gears, etc.
• Rebuilds parts such as crankshafts, cylinder blocks and valves. Rewires ignition system, lights, and instrument panel.
• Replaces and adjusts headlights, and installs and repairs accessories such as radios, heaters, mirrors, and windshield wipers.
• Drains fluids and oil, ensuring proper procedures for containment and/or disposal.
• Devises, fabricates, and assembles new or modified mechanical components or assemblies for products such as industrial equipment and machinery, power equipment.
• Sets up and conducts tests of complete units and components under operational conditions to investigate design proposals for improving equipment performance or other factors, or to obtain data for development, standardization, and quality control.
• If currently not a member of IUOE Local Numbers 18 and 18C, AFL-CIO, must join within 60 days of employment.
• Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
• Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
• Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
• Report to the assigned job site ready to begin work at the designated start time.
• Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Manual of Safety Practices and Procedures.
• Strict adherence to Shelly Company policies and procedures as outlined in the Company Book of Policies.
• Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
• Timely and regular attendance is an expectation of performance for all Shelly Company employees. Employees will be held accountable for adhering to their workplace schedule.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Education and Experience
One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively to customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions and is regularly exposed to wet, humid condition airborne particles, and extreme heat or cold. The employee is occasionally exposed to vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud and may require protective equipment.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
The Shelly Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this URL blocked - click to apply.