HSI is committed to helping businesses around the world keep their employees safe and improve their knowledge, skills, and abilities. We achieve that by offering a full-featured solution including compliance software, safety management, and compliance training, management and employee development training, and emergency care and CPR training for businesses of all sizes.
We’re looking for employees who are passionate and dedicated to develop, market, sell, and support our award-winning solutions that enable companies to focus on their most precious resource – their employees. We’re not looking to fill jobs, we want to grow careers!
HSI is looking for a strong front-end developer to build and support front-end components, convert existing monolith into reusable components, write tests, and support the overall development effort of a large Ruby on Rails project.
- Develop functional and appealing web- and mobile-based applications based on usability
- Provide website maintenance and enhancements
- Integrate with back-end systems into the front end
- Use a combination of markup languages to write web pages
- Assist, support and collaborate with back-end developers for coding and troubleshooting
- Work with deployment teams, resolve level issues for systems, coordinate on product design.
- Efficiently work and collaborate with the engineering and design teams.
- Interact closely with other developers and support in a team environment to resolve defects and clarify business needs.
- Bridge the gap between graphic design and technical implementation
- Maintain graphic standards and branding throughout the product’s interface
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies
- Good knowledge of Vue.js, jQuery, Webpack (webpacker preferred)
- Jest/Chai or any other testing frameworks. Jest is preferred
- Pug templates, Bootstrap
- Some knowledge of Ruby on Rails and/or Grape
- Good grasp on usability
- Understanding of REST API lifecycle
Adaptability - The ability to balance competing priorities in a fast-paced work environment
Positive Interactions - Must have excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication and demonstrated team-building skills
Passion – demonstrates a passion for development and making the great software
Impact – Has the ability to learn quickly and share knowledge with less experienced support staff. Can methodically test and quickly problem issues, present resolution, and monitor the effectiveness
Collaboration – Demonstrates the ability to work with a diverse team but also independently
Problem Solving – Perform functional, regression, security, error handling, and system testing on all new features including troubleshooting and solving intermediate to complex problems, analyzing, and testing possible solutions.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field is preferred. A combination of education and experience may be substituted for a degree.
We offer all the usual benefits plus a few that our team gets excited about:
- All the coverage you would expect- health, dental, vision, etc.
- Flexible work hours. We work hard, but understand that people are most productive when they can manage their own schedules and work/life balance
- Learning & Development Program. We are committed to helping you succeed as you grow your career. Plus, you have unlimited access to the HSI LMS and library of career development training!
- Work-from-home options. Where you work from is up to you
- Unlimited vacation time. Take the time you need when you need it
- Retirement benefits. We want to support your future and offer a generous $1:$1 company match
We are a company that cares deeply for its employees, and we understand that all of us have lives outside of work. We encourage a balanced life, and we’ll do everything we can to ensure you find us to be a welcoming, inclusive company. We encourage people of all backgrounds and identities to apply.
Job descriptions are designed to outline primary duties, responsibilities, and qualification requirements, and should not limit additional duties and responsibilities assigned. It is our expectation that all employees offer their services wherever and whenever deemed necessary to ensure the success of HSI.
Constant interpersonal skills, teamwork, customer service, problem analysis, and reading, speaking, writing, and understanding English. Frequent creativity, mentoring, presentations, and teaching. Occasional decision-making and independent judgment or action. Frequent keyboarding, sitting, standing, hearing, and talking #CB