• Review prospective admissions against approved admission criteria, policies and procedures.
• Initiate contact to gather required clinical and demographic data from patient and other sources.
• Respond promptly to inquiry calls.
• Schedule assessments.
• Conduct pre-admission assessments.
• Assist prospective patients and significant others in seeking treatment.
• Refer inquiries to other agencies and community resources when not appropriate for facility assistance or admission.
• Coordinate with referral sources.
• Coordinate transportation arrangements for patients.
• Responsible for maintaining all the documentation involved with the admissions process.
• Perform other functions and tasks as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent required with college degree preferred.
• One year experience in healthcare admissions, preferably in the mental health or substance abuse field.
• Certified Addictions Counselor (CAC); Certified Chemical Dependency Counselor (CCDC) or Certified Employee Assistance Program (CEAP) certification preferred.
• CPR and de-escalation/restraint certification required (training available upon hire and offered by facility).
• First aid may be required based on state or facility.
- Certified Addictions Counselor
- Clinical Works
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Health Care