ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following but are not limited to the job specifications contained herein. Additional duties or job functions that can be performed safely may be required as deemed necessary by supervisory personnel.
- You will maintain the property to ensure good working order and pleasant curb appeal while providing superior customer service to your residents.
- Diagnose and solve maintenance issues in the apartment homes, exterior and common areas ranging from plumbing, electrical, general carpentry, HVAC, appliances and pools.
- Completes service requests within 24 hours.
- Must be available and willing to answer 24- hour maintenance emergency calls.
- Must have the ability to react and address all emergency situations promptly.
- Prepare apartments for new residents promptly following RKW standards
- Perform daily maintenance of property grounds for excellent curb appeal
- Maintain an operating environment to achieve a satisfactory level of Resident’s service.
- Perform casual labor, such as lifting/moving heavy items as directed by Maintenance Supervisor /Property Manager following appropriate safety procedures.
- Routinely inspect building mechanical systems/ equipment to ensure proper performance and maintenance.
- Monitor and adjust controls that regulate building systems, such as air conditioning, boilers, etc.
- Routinely inspect common areas to ensure they are maintained clean and in an aesthetically appealing condition.
- Report to Maintenance Supervisor all problems, including items that may not be in the list of responsibilities.
- Maintain working relationship with fellow staff members.
- Maintain assigned equipment in good working condition.
- Observe all State, Federal, and Company safety standards/precautions while performing the task in to maintain a safe work environment.
- Properly utilize new equipment and follow safety procedures before using this equipment.
- Respond to emergency maintenance requests as required.
- Assist in maintaining records of scheduled maintenance procedures.
- Additional projects and duties as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor and Property Manager.
This is a drug-free workplace.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and two (2) years related experience in apartment maintenance or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience. HVAC Certification. Swimming Pool not required, but a plus. Must have and maintain a valid driver's license and a clean driving record
Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences and able to communicate in English.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations. People skills, ability to interact and communicate with tenants, and maintenance personnel
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Inventory software and Order processing systems.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to detect auditory and visual emergency alarms. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- Ability to grasp and feel objects and equipment.
- Ability to reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to quickly and easily navigate the property/building as required, meeting the job functions.
- Ability to repeat various motions with the wrists, hands and fingers. Position requires occasional exposure to the outdoor climate and weather conditions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat and risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- This is a drug-free workplace.