Quality Control Manager Position:
This company is an agile technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' needs. For more than 35 years, this company has been manufacturing both commercial and military products. Dramatic growth has prompted an expansion and overhaul of quality management systems and this Senior-Level position (Quality Control Manager) has been created to upgrade and maintain quality throughout the organization. The short-term goal is to improve product quality through inspections, processes, and systems in the production department, which is an area of the organization undergoing dramatic growth. Long-term goals are to champion quality initiatives and improve quality throughout the company. The successful candidate will not simply work a process but will proactively collect, analyze, and report data to drive quality processes and decisions.
The Quality Control Manager is responsible for leading quality assurance, quality engineering and supplier quality. This includes the development of short-term plans and long-term strategies that drive a vision to ensure perfect delivery, quality and safety, while achieving additional operations and financial objectives.
Essential duties include:
- Building quality in the new product development process by partnering with engineering to implement Advanced Product Quality Planning, establishing Supplier Quality Assurance, and partnering with the supply chain team to develop proactive supplier risk management process
- Developing and implementing strategic quality initiatives and programs promoting sound and effective principles as set forth in company procedures, government standards and directives, and commercially-proven methodologies and ensuring that the department conforms to these principles.
- Promoting a culture of quality, focused on every employee engaged and enhancing the customer experience through the relentless pursuit of achieving zero defects.
- Maintaining quality records that document the quality status of in-coming material and out-going products and providing necessary information and cumulative data for internal and external customer responses.
- Developing, reviewing and verifying compliance of all work package descriptions issued for quality tasks for proposals and ongoing contracts/projects.
- Improving the efficiency through effective leadership, individual and group training, and process improvement
- Maintaining certification and compliance efforts for ISO 9001, and other required certifications.
BS technical degree in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or related technical field is mandatory. Advanced technical degree or MBA a plus.
Minimum 5 years quality leadership experience. This Candidate will be leading a team of 3-4 people in this position. This is also a Hands-On Role.
Minimum 15 years overall quality experience.
In depth knowledge of quality and reliability methods and procedures for hardware and software systems as they apply to the aerospace and defense industry.
US citizenship required.
**Nice to have Sheet Metal Applications experience.**
Nesco Resource and affiliates (Lehigh G.I.T Inc, and Callos Resource, LLC) is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.
Business Process Improvement