$60000.00 to $70000.00 yearly
Robert Half Finance currently has a full-time opportunity for an experienced Staff Accountant to join their growing team in the Real Estate - Other industry. In this position, the Staff Accountant prepares journal entries, monthly and year-end closings, bank reconciliation, fixed asset maintenance and general ledger reconciliation. Throughout the monthly close, you will also be responsible for various aspects of internal reporting. You will lend your skills in assisting the development and implementation of accounting policies. In addition, you will take part in compliance, interact with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, and look over schedules for the reporting processes. This role is very integrated as it plays a part in the production of Financial Statements, Cash Flow projections, and Budgets. This company, based in the Huntington Station, New York area, offers a challenging and multi-faceted opportunity where effort is rewarded.
- Compose journal entries and conduct the month end close with minimal supervision
- Coordinate and analyze a variety of financial data, then report it in a way that is useful and understandable
- Manage intercompany reconciliation, billings, and transactions
- Prepare complex journal entries and account reconciliations including but not limited to cash, prepaid expenses and payroll
- Partake in a variety of department-wide initiatives
- Ad hoc reporting and performing special projects upon request
- In-depth experience with reconciling month end balance sheet accounts
- Periodic maintenance and reconciliation of journal entries
- Arrange schedules for capital lease and monthly payments
- Maintain depreciation, fixed asset ledgers, and reconciliation
- Produce analyses for monthly balance sheets and income statements for reporting by management
- Assist with the month end, quarter end and year end closing process by preparing monthly financial close workbooks
- Implement, maintain, and adhere to internal controls and accounting procedures ensuring compliance with GAAP
-if interested in the opportunity , please forward your resume to Email blocked - click to apply
- Account reconciliation experience
- Command of Bank Account Reconciliation
- Deep understanding of bank reconciliations
- Efficient in ERP systems
- Vow to meet business deadlines
- Fully formed organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Self-starter with efficient time management and organizational skills
- 2+ years of recent and relevant accounting experience
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work within spreadsheets and databases
- Demonstrated ability in strong analytical, quantitative and social skills
- Working knowledge of spreadsheets and databases
- Ability to work well in matrix organization and dealing with ambiguity
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 888.490.5461 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Standard Accounting Practices