About The Position:
The Health Informatics Analyst II is primarily responsible for providing business requirements to SQL Developers. The Healthcare Informatics Analyst II will partner with business users to identify requirements and develop business and functional specifications that will be used by SQL Developers in the creation of informatics solutions. Healthcare Informatics Analysts II will assist SQL Developers in interpreting specifications and ensuring standards for data definition and data extraction are followed. They will also create test cases and perform testing to validate final product. The Healthcare Informatics Analyst II leads and manages mid-sized projects, including client implementations and acts as a resource to department team members and external departments in the day-to-day functions of the department.
- Act as liaison between internal and external business partners and SQL Developers to define, document, and review business and system requirements to support solution development.
- Create project documentation including functional and technical specifications, requirements, use-cases, testing scenarios, and project plans where applicable.
- Effectively communicate status, changes, and issues to the relevant parties and stakeholders.
- Quickly address and/or escalate project issues and support their resolution; shift priorities when necessary to support urgent business needs.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with all levels of the organization.
- Manage concurrent projects with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Effectively communicates with internal and external customers with management oversight as necessary, to elicit, capture, develop, and implement customer requirement.
- Query the source system to ensure final output conforms to requested specifications.
- Ensure end products comply with HIPAA security and privacy guidelines; leads and manages mid-sized projects involving client engagement.
- Guides, supports and advises junior members of the team.
- Displays a positive, constructive, and helpful demeanor to assist team members and offer suggestions that improve processes, culture or working environment.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned and required.
Education: BS and 5 years of stated experience required, MS in computer science, information systems, or related field preferred.
Relevant Work Experience:
- 2 years of experience as a business intelligence analyst/developer.
- Must have some experience with insurance or managed healthcare; writing functional and technical specifications; creating quality reports on BI tools and analyzing performance to assure data accuracy and integrity; gathering business requirements for data and working with developers to validate results; working with SQL; working with Excel, Crystal, SSRS or WebI; and working independently and in a dynamic team structure.
Please reference Job Code HIA-01 in the application
Beacon Health Options is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer as well as a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Work Environment. EOE/AA/M/F/Veterans/Disabled
At Beacon Health Options, our candidate's data privacy is a top priority. Our recruiting team conducts all communications using official company email (@BeaconHealthOptions.com). Only candidates who have applied for an open position through our Careers page (careers.beaconhealthoptions.com) will be engaged in our interview process. Beacon conducts all interviews in person or over the phone. At no time during the recruiting process will any Beacon recruiter request any financial or personally identifiable information from you.