Description Job Description:
The Leidos NISC III program is looking for a Geographic Information System (GIS) Developer with Angular experience to join our team in Washington, DC and support the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). The ideal candidate will be responsible for the following requirements:
- Design and produce web-based user interfaces that drive backend servers using RESTful APIs
- Produce automated functional tests for web-based user interfaces using Jasmine and Karma
- Design and produce RESTful APIs
- Build backend and frontend geo-processing workflows utilizing scripting and programing languages.
- Maintain and configure Esri ArcGIS Enterprise servers.
- Manage and maintain Esri geo-databases.
- Train other team members on GIS and other GIS technologies and provide guidance as needed
- Proactively identify issues and bugs and provide solutions to mitigate and resolve these issues
- Maintain code quality and document all required artifacts
- Perform audits at the end of each software development project lifecycle
- Implementing software development best practices for the FAA
Typically requires BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems or similar area and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Required to have at least 4 years of experience in full stack GIS software development
- 2+ years’ experience designing, building and deploying full stack Geographic Information Systems.
- 2+ years’ experience with object oriented programing languages (Ex – C#, Java, C++).
- 2+ years’ experience with Angular technology
- 2+ years’ experience with Python GIS workflow scripting
- 2+ years’ experience with geo-database management.
- Working experience in writing geo-processing scripts and models for ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Desktop.
- Expert utilization of the entire suite of ESRI GIS software (ex – ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Server, Portal for ArcGIS)
- Experience configuring and maintaining ESRI ArcGIS Enterprise servers.
- Strong experience interfacing front ends with Web Services like REST or SOAP.
- Working knowledge of test-driven development and automated testing frameworks
- Excellent communication, documentation and presentation skills
- Solid understanding of Agile Project Management methodologies
- Great organization skills to prioritize, follow up, deliver, and communicate status of assigned actions.
- Deep analytical skills to understand complex procedural problems, identify root causes, and provide solutions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. and pass FAA security screening for positions of public trust.
External Referral Bonus:
- Experience testing angular code with Jasmine, Karma, and Postman
- Experience with Angular UI component frameworks like Angular Material and PrimeNG.
- Familiarity with Source code management and integration (ex – Git, Bitbucket, Jenkins)
- Experience with AWS cloud technology
- Experience of CSS, SCSS or SASS.
- Master’s degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Information Technology or related field.
- Familiarity with the Federal Government work environment.
EligiblePotential for Telework:
Yes, 10%Clearance Level Required:
NoScheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to GIS Developer.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to GIS Developer.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to GIS Developer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.
Esri Gis (Software)
Arc Gis (Gis Software)
Amazon Web Services
Arc Gis Servers
Java (Programming Language)