How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
The Vice President of the WellStar Rehabilitation and Sports Medicine Service Line reports to the SVP Ancillary & Support Services and works closely with the EVP Ambulatory Division & Business Development, Hospital Presidents, Wellstar Medical Group leaders and operational leadership team.
This system leader is responsible for setting the strategy, vision, growth for rehabilitation services. The VP Rehab and Sports Medicine Services will act as the System leader relating to the service line business operations, clinical performance and quality initiatives ensuring that the service line is seamlessly aligned with the ystems primary care, specialty care, acute care services and ambulatory strategies; and will be responsible for identifying and recommending, in partnership with executive leadership, new partnerships and acquisition opportunities.
This leader must be a hands-on, entrepreneurial, financially savvy, tech savvy and driven to ensure the service lines standards for quality, service, growth, and profit margins. The individual will exemplify collaborative relationships and facilitate alignment with System strategy to ensure an unwavering focus on exceeding the expectation of WellStar patients, care givers and consumers.
Required Minimum Education: Advanced clinical degree in the related field (PT, OT, SLP)
Required Minimum Licensure/Certification: Applicable Clinical State License
Required Minimum Experience: Ten (10) years of experience in healthcare clinical operations with progressive experience leading multiple departments.
• Must have experience in managing the financials of multiple practices and have the training, experience, and intellect to make sound financial decisions regarding rehabilitation.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the business aspects of the multiple rehabilitation platforms.
• Proven effectiveness in building and maintaining strong rapport with operational leaders in a competitive market.
• Experience with working closely and collaborating with physician specialists and subspecialists to drive strategic/business planning and operational performance.
• Track record of working effectively and collaboratively with hospital/health system leadership. Familiarity with information systems, regulatory compliance issues, and business operations for rehabilitation services.
• Experience in utilizing / implementation of electronic medical records.
Required Minimum Skills:
• Must be able to lead and motivate multiple departments to exceed business and customer service objectives.
• Demonstrated competence in building and maintaining successful relationships at all levels of a customer-service focused organization.
• Ability to deal with complex technical/management problems, meeting deadlines and managing multiple concurrent projects.
• Exceptional communication skills / professional presence with ability to lead and drive change.
• Experience with Performance Improvement programs. Competency with statistics and statistical analysis is preferred.
• Hospital work must include significant hands-on experience with all applicable regulatory agencies (TJC, DPH), as well as fiscal, personnel, project management and new business development.
- Client Rapport
- Business Planning
- Business Performance Management
- Performance Improvement
- Business Development