- Prepare and administer medication as ordered by the Medical Director or Program Physician accurately and in a timely manner.
- Maintain accurate accounting of all medication received (from supplier) and dispensed (to the patients).
- Chart medication administration in nurse's notes accurately and in a timely manner.
- Document nursing care provided, maintain appropriate records related to patients' progress and activities accurately and in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the safekeeping of all medication stock and the records required by the DEA, FDA and ADP.
- Responsible for urine collection, processing, documenting and reading test results as ordered by program physicians.
- Communicate therapeutically and professionally with patients, visitors, coworkers and others in an effective manner.
- Follow the policies of the organization, as well as federal and state laws and regulations.
- Perform other functions and tasks as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing required.
- One or more years’ nursing experience within clinical areas of service provided by the facility preferred.
- Current LPN license as required by state.
- CPR and de-escalation/restraint certification required (training available upon hire and offered by facility).
- First aid may be required based on state or facility.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Licensed Practical Nurse