To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Los Angeles, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Patient Services Representative l - Pharmacy Administrative Assistant
Option Care • Los Angeles, CA
Posted 25 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Your Home for an Exceptional Career.
With the nation’s largest home infusion provider, there is no limit to the growth of your career.
For nearly 40 years, Option Care has been shaping the home infusion services industry. From industry pioneers to trusted partners, Option Care has emerged as the leading home infusion services provider. Our company has grown over 5,000 strong—a workforce that spans the nation and is united by a common passion for making exceptional healthcare synonymous with home.
Job Description Summary:The Patient Service Representative I (PSR) is involved in various patient related tasks. The PSR establishes and maintains positive patient and customer relations by ensuring the timely and accurate generation of delivery tickets, coordination of deliveries and pickups, maintenance of patient supply inventories, and by communicating effectively with all members of the healthcare team. Responsibilities are divided between assisting patients with their supply needs, patient therapy compliance monitoring and data entry.
Job Responsibilities (listed in order of importance and/or time spent)
- Performs the following tasks in a correct and timely fashion under the supervision of a pharmacist:
- Collects and records laboratory values for pharmacist review, sends to prescriber as needed
- Makes follow-up calls with patients and/or their caregivers
- Performs scanning and filing of documents as needed
- Manages a caseload of patients regarding the therapy compliance and coordination of patient supplies and delivery needs.
- Assists patients in maintaining appropriate inventory levels of all needed supplies and solutions and monitoring usage.
- Schedules deliveries and pickups of equipment and supplies.
- Generates delivery tickets for all deliveries and pickups.
- Functions as a contact person between all members of the healthcare team to relay necessary information in order to coordinate patient needs.
- Identifies potential inventory/delivery problems and initiates actions to resolve them.
- Collaborates with warehouse staff to schedule cost efficient deliveries that simultaneously meet the patient’s needs.
- Supports clinical staff by retrieving on-going patient related information. Faxes and or communicates patient related information to physicians as needed. Enters information into the computer daily.
- Assists with filing and updating patient charts. Documents contact with patients and other members of the healthcare team.
- Observes legal and ethical guidelines for safeguarding the confidentiality of patient and proprietary Option Care information.
- Accepts other responsibilities and duties that may be assigned – example: Accepts referral and records initial information for patient and initiates call to insurance company to verify insurance and obtain authorization
Basic Education and/or Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Basic Qualifications & Interests (BQIs)
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Basic level PC skills (for example: start up and shut down computer, use mouse to point and click, start and close programs, switch between programs, save files, print documents, access information on-line, etc.).
- Basic internet browser skills to include opening a browser, typing in URLs in the correct location, using a search engine, bookmarking a site, navigating using back/forward/stop buttons, and filling out forms online.
- Basic email skills, internet explorer (sending, receiving, and organizing communications).
Preferred Qualifications & Interests (PQIs)
- At least 1 year of experience in a medical setting.
This job description is to be used as a guide for accomplishing Company and department objectives, and only covers the primary functions and responsibilities of the position. It is in no way to be construed as an all-encompassing list of duties.
Option Care subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, making employment available without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status according to the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information.