The Assistant Paper Machine Superintendent will provide strategic and tactical leadership to achieve key operation objectives in safety, environmental compliance, reliability, production, quality, and cost. The successful candidate will focus on safely improving productivity and reducing costs through process/equipment optimization and operator knowledge/skill improvement. In addition, this position serves as coordinator and key communicator between the shift supervisors, operating crews and maintenance leadership to ensure that required equipment and tools are available for a successful operation.
- Good interpersonal skills; ability to positively influence people
- Good organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to motivate people to perform at higher levels
- Ability to demonstrate strong leadership and teamwork to ensure safe and efficient operations
Ability to align with and champion company and mill policies and procedures
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE:
- Ten (10) years previous experience with paper machine operations.
- Five (5) years’ experience as paper machine supervisor.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- SAP experience a plus.
- Continuous Improvement Agility - Improve Safety, Cost, Productivity, Quality & Morale
- Coachable - willingness to make changes daily as required
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technical discipline; or equivalent experience
- General schedule is an 8-hour M-F assignment, however, employee must be willing to work alternate schedules occasionally; that may include early mornings, nights, and/or weekends and be punctual while doing so.
- Occasional overnight travel to include flying, driving, riding or by rail.
- Sitting or standing for extended periods up to 8-hours.
- Occasional Lifting up to 20 lbs.
- Reading computer screen or other electronic devices.
- Use of various office hand and electrical tools or equipment.
- Confined space entry of equipment and vessels during outages.
- Walking down all process areas and equipment.
- Integrity & Trust
- Action Oriented
- Customer Focus
- Managing & Measuring Work
- Priority Setting
- Drive for Results
- Timely Decision Making
- Problem Solving
- Functional/Technical Skills and Knowledge
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Assistant Superintendent.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Assistant Superintendent.