Who We Are
(NASDAQ: BAND) is a global communications software company that helps enterprises connect people around the world with cloud-ready voice, messaging and emergency services. Backed by a network reaching 60+ countries covering 90 percent of global GDP, companies like Cisco, Google, Microsoft, RingCentral, Uber and Zoom use Bandwidth's APIs to easily embed communications into software and applications. Bandwidth has more than 20 years in the technology space and was the first Communications Platform-as-a-Service (CPaaS) provider to offer a robust selection of APIs built around our own global network. Our award-winning support teams help businesses around the world solve complex communications challenges every day.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For
The Bandwidth Business Analytics Center of Excellence Team (BACE) is looking for a Business Analyst
who is passionate about data and how it can be used to drive actionable insights that enable business leaders to make informed, strategic decisions. In this role you will work under the supervision of the Business Analytics Manager and will own a variety of responsibilities ranging from data exploration, data transformation in our Business Intelligence tool (Domo), data validation, and creation of data visualizations.
What You'll Do
- Work closely with Business Analysts and other Data Developers to identify and refine requirements for information and validate the integrity of the data being reported.
- Develop integrated datasets in Domo through relational and ETL logic, accessing data using direct database queries, API feeds and data streaming.
- Design, develop, and deploy interactive Domo dashboards, sourcing data from internal enterprise datasets, published Domo data sources, and external sources.
- Collaborate on large cross-functional projects, and develop and sustain a data-driven culture throughout Bandwidth.
- Provide self-service tools that enable leaders to analyze data through many business dimensions with visibility to granular and historic data.
- Create positive interactions with BACE through thought leadership, analytics abilities, and effective partnership and communication.
- Grow technical skills and Communications API subject matter expertise.
- Exercise discretion, sound judgment and confidentiality in handling sensitive customer and revenue related materials.
What You Need
- BS/BA in Information Systems, Business Technology, Computer Science, Statistics or closely related field.
- 1-3 years' experience in an analytical role and a successful track record of driving actionable insights from large, disparate data sets.
- Experience in modern BI and analytics tools. Experience with cloud-based ETL/ELT projects is highly preferred.
- Mental agility – keen intellect and comfort with complexity; enjoy tackling new challenges and solving problems.
- Working knowledge of programming languages like SQL, Python, R, etc. and prior experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI, Domo, etc.
- Demonstrated proficiency in turning big data and requirements into digestible data visualizations.
The Whole Person Promise
At Bandwidth, we’re pretty proud of our corporate culture, which is rooted in our “Whole Person Promise.” We promise all employees that they can have meaningful work AND a full life, and we provide a work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and spirit. How do we do that? Well…
- 100% company-paid Medical, Vision, & Dental coverage for you and your family with low deductibles and low out-of-pocket expenses.
- All new hires receive four weeks of PTO.
- PTO Embargo. When you take time off (of any kind!) you’re embargoed from working. Bandmates and managers are not allowed to interrupt your PTO - not even with email.
- Additional PTO can be earned throughout the year through volunteer hours and Bandwidth challenges.
- “Mahalo moments” program grants additional time off for life’s most important moments like graduations, buying a first home, getting married, wedding anniversaries (every five years), and the birth of a grandchild.
- 90-Minute Workout Lunches and unlimited meetings with our very own nutritionist.
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.
Applicant Privacy Notice
- Big Data
- Cloud Computing