Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
This role is a Forecasting/Planning role within the Clinical Delivery Front office. Position is responsible for Forecasting/Planning for Clinical Delivery Front Office Planning team. The forecasting and planning team is responsible for long term forecasting, capacity planning and short term forecasting across Optum Health – 5,000 FTE and 115 capacity plans. Works with operations to ensure adequate staff, contingency plans, and variance analysis critical for meeting contractually required Call Center Service Level objectives. Coordinates with other Workforce Management teams to ensure standardized practices are leveraged. Partnership with Finance team during quarterly budget cycles, monthly performance, and weekly progress. Linkage of Clinical Volume forecasts to inform revenue projections of anticipated IOI. Workforce Planning and Management is a leveraged service that helps businesses deliver on financial objectives through improved performance.
As a Planner, you will grow and develop as you conduct and manage outcomes of various studies. You will be challenged to analyze, review, and forecast data for operational and business planning. As part of this elite team, you will be empowered to impact the health care system through the analysis and interpretation of data, and presenting recommendations for business solutions. Join us!
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Create/Own Demand forecasts using statistical models and probabilities to achieve financial and service objectives for multiple lines of business (Optum Health Solutions, Behavioral Health Solutions, Complex Specialty & Kidney, OptumCare) and the business plans and their corresponding FTE counts including oversight and direction provided to the vendors
- Collaborate with Operations and Finance on the budgetary process to drive high judgment decisions
- Collaborate with all levels of operational, vendor and workforce groups/leadership to understand emerging trends and drive fiscally responsible staffing recommendations
- Drive toward forecast/financial accuracy goals and objectives
- Present and explain complex staffing requirements in common language for all aligned LOB’s to multiple levels of leadership (VP, Sr Dir) as well as vendor partner leadership
- Deliver Vendor Partner forecast models and their oversight
- Own the capacity management of resources with emphasis on:
- Contractual obligations/Service delivery requirements
- Vendor selection and distribution recommendations (providing oversite and direction for all vendors within the LOB)
- Collaborate on the creation and delivery of selected vendor locked forecasts and drive accountability for staffing capacity throughout all levels of vendor leaders and internal vendor management partners. (Providing oversight and direction for all vendors within the LOB)
- Develop and drive mitigation strategies for specific business plans and their corresponding FTE counts
- Own training/project burn down plans and impacts across all LOB and vendor groups within their segment
- Drive consistency in outlook and approach
- Drive a culture of root cause analysis, with a focus on removing variation from the system and removing defects from processes
- Deliver contact rate analysis
- Provide Membership impact analysis
- Partner in the impact assessment determination process to build into demand forecasts
- Manage cross - functional interdependencies
- Be a strong ange agent and resilient to roadblocks
- Anticipate customer needs and proactively identified solutions
- Solves complex problems on own; proactively identifies new solutions to problems
- Plan, prioritize, organize, and complete work to meet established objectives
- Analytical skills, ability to understand seemingly unrelated data points
- Advanced statistical analysis and modeling skills
- Ability to work in a complex matrix environment providing support to several vendor partners and 3500+ employee populations
- Advanced technical skills (Excel, SQL, BI)
- Excellent written, and verbal communication delivery includes VP, and Sr Director audiences
- Expert understanding of analytic and presentation tools (Excel, PPT, Access, etc)
- Superior planning and organizational skills that effectively allocate and manage resources across the site
- Solid problem-solving skills that enable quick identification and efficient resolution of issues
- Solid negotiation/influence and relationship management skills that include the complexities of scale (Small work groups to groups including hundreds of participants), vendor relationships (across several countries and contractual obligations) and all levels of leadership from VP level down to manager/supervisor populations
- Ability to navigate through a complex network of simultaneous projects, financial task/pressures, technical/efficiency improvements, and employee engagement
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of experience in service operations center, call center or Workforce Management that support populations of 500+ FTE’s across multiple locations
- 2+ years of experience with Workforce Management software (such as IEX, Aspect, Workforce Management IEX, Blue Pumpkin)
- Experience scheduling, conducting planning meetings, and managing capacity
- Health care industry experience
- Advanced understanding of Excel/Tableau/SQL
- Understanding of call center systems telecom hardware (PBX, ACD, IVR), call software tools and / or programming requirements (CMS modifications, vector scripting)
- Proven track record of identifying defects and process variation, and working to improve processes and reduce defects
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.