The Office Support Specialist provides services to Hope support recipients through their work in providing professional and administrative support to an assigned department or functional area. The Office Support Specialist is assigned to departments within the agency which require temporary assistance to accomplish work tasks or special projects. Tasks may consist of data entry, quality assurance of documents, filing, answering the phone, and other clerical duties as assigned. This position completes special project assignments and prepares reports and presentations as assigned. The Office Support Specialist maintains loyalty to the organization, its beliefs, values, mission, vision, and expectations and to the recipients of services.
Essential Job Duties
1. Completes confidential data entry and associated tasks in a variety of databases throughout Hope support departments; which may include accounting, billing, human resources, scheduling, electronic health records, or other related information systems.
2. Maintains and updates various tracking systems that support assigned departmental processes.
3. Performs quality assurance of data entry and Agency records, which may include accounting, payroll, or tax related records, support recipient, and personnel records.
4. Provides clerical assistance as assigned, including, but not limited to, filing, scanning, copying, data input, and document distribution.
5. Prepares reports and presentations as assigned, often including data of a complex and confidential manner.
6. Reconciles and audits documents and obtains corrections or clarification of submitted documentation.
7. Participates in and contributes to special projects as directed by the Director of Human Resources.
8. Receives and responds to correspondence. May provide departmental reception services, which includes receiving and directing visitors or calls.
9. Ensures complete confidentiality of agency personnel and support recipient information.
Education and Experience
1. Associate degree in Business, Accounting, Human Resources, or related field required. Experience in lieu of education may be accepted on a two for one basis in appropriate fields.
2. Two years of administrative support or office work required.
1. Possesses a valid Alaska driver’s license and has at least one year of driving experience (may include permit time). Obtains a driving record at time of employment and as requested by management.
2. Able to safely operate Agency vehicles when needed. Possesses reliable transportation and vehicle insurance when transporting support recipients or conducting Agency business.
3. Meets State and Agency requirements for passing a criminal background check upon hire and as required thereafter.
4. Lifts 25 pounds from a squat and kneel position on the floor.
5. Works at a desk/computer workstation for a minimum of six hours per day.
6. Completes all required State, Agency, department, and position specific training as assigned.
7. Obtains a tuberculin clearance at time of employment and annually thereafter.