If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Lead team of Pricing Analysts and engage team in problem solving and issue resolution
- Prioritize team member development
- Determine pricing for the various products and services we offer, customized for each individual case using a variety of forecast models
- Leverage business knowledge to propose solutions to business problems regularly in a dynamic work environment
- Evaluate and recommend alternative pricing options to provide flexibility to clients while achieving desired economic outcomes for OptumRx
- Engage with the Sales and Account management teams on the development of business strategy by projecting pricing and profitability for a range of services and products the company offers
- Influence senior leadership to adopt new ideas, products, and/or approaches
- Work on large cases and present pricing recommendations to executive management
- Solve unique and complex problems with broad impact on the business
- Lead large, complex projects to achieve key business objectives
The successful candidate will have the following qualities as well:
- Motivate and influence team members and partners
- Focus on team member development
- Strong financial, analytical, and business acumen
- Generate innovative approaches and solutions to business opportunities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to influence others
- Ability to build strong relationships at all levels of the organization
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Math, Economics or related field
- 5+ years of progressive professional experience in Underwriting, Pricing, Finance or related field
- 3+ years of supervisory experience
- Advanced proficiency with MS Excel, MS Office product suite, and other technology tools
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- MBA or CPA
- Healthcare or Pharmacy experience
- Consulting firm experience
- Basic understanding of structured data / databases and the use of SQL-based tools
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you'll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you're empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Pricing Manager, Telecommute, Remote, Work from Home