HollyFrontier Asphalt Company LLC, located in Phoenix, Arizona, is seeking an Asphalt Representative. This position conducts high-level assignments for asphalt product with minimal supervision..
This position is not eligible for International Relocation Program Benefits.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: (functions considered essential as defined by ADA)
- Ensures all applicable compliance standards for Environmental Health and Safety, Antitrust, Government Interaction, Intellectual Property, Employment/Labor and Records Retention are met or exceeded while conducting company business
- Manages a variety of processes and applications for asphalt sales through jobsite support for DOT, various cities, counties, BIA and other State and Federal Agencies, and private contractors
- Attends preconstruction meetings; conducts schools, workshops, seminars and presentations on company products, processes and systems for user agencies
- Develops, sells and promotes Polymer modified solutions for asphalt applications and company products and processes, working with DOT and other agencies to develop specifications, and Annual Purchase agreements involving company systems and products
- Acts as liaison and supports other company departments, agencies, cities, counties and private contractors with asphalt product transactions
- Understands customer’s budget process, amounts, activities, and funding sources; provides field information relative to forecast and position management; and monitors and keeps accounts current
- Ensures product is delivered as specified, on time, and working properly; and provides plant personnel with appropriate information from the field based on observation during jobsite support activity
- Communicates scheduled projects to appropriate plant in timely fashion to provide lead time for inventory adjustment and provides accurate information to technical for design work
- Manage the relationships with the local carriers and coordinate with the plant and logistics team as necessary to insure we are as efficient as possible with all truck load activities
- Ensures sales promotions and entertainment activities provide the best value for company
- Supports efforts to maximize efficiency and manage cost, both in the plant and through raw materials selection and purchases, relative to cost quality benefit
Special assignments or tasks assigned to the employee by their supervisor, as determined from time to time in their sole and complete discretion.
A minimum of eight years of experience in the petroleum industry is required. Experience in asphalt product is preferred.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education and work experience is required.
Self-starter with drive and ability to achieve planned objectives. Strong creative, interpersonal, organizational, analytical. Ability to create mutual respect with peers and a positive work environment and mentor and train others. Advanced ability to perform a variety of assignments as related to asphalt product, to perform asphalt product marketing and trade assignments effectively, execute different sales opportunities and multi-task. Working knowledge of Microsoft products. Ability to effectively communicate with others, both written and verbal communication, ability to perform intermediate mathematical calculations, advanced reading and writing skills.
Office based with up to 75% travel by land and air required. Petroleum refinery and driver based environment including but not limited to chemicals, pressure vessels, and tanks. Up to 30% of time will be required to work in asphalt terminal environment. Subject to all temperatures, weather and varying road conditions.
OUR ONE HFC CULTURE:
Our one HFC Culture focuses on four key values of safety, integrity, teamwork and ownership. They influence our decisions, shape our behaviors and keep us connected across the entire organization. Safety is first. We care about our people and work tirelessly to make sure they return home safely, every day. Everything we do is done with integrity. We encourage growth and exciting possibilities by championing a culture of teamwork and ownership.
About HollyFrontier Corporation
HollyFrontier Corporation, headquartered in Dallas, Texas, is an independent petroleum refiner and marketer that produces high value light products such as gasoline, diesel fuel, jet fuel and other specialty products. HollyFrontier owns and operates refineries located in Kansas, Oklahoma, New Mexico and Utah and markets its refined products principally in the Southwest U.S., the Rocky Mountains extending into the Pacific Northwest and in other neighboring Plains states. In addition, HollyFrontier produces base oils and other specialized lubricants in the U.S., Canada and the Netherlands, and exports products to more than 80 countries. HollyFrontier also owns a 57% limited partner interest and a non-economic general partner interest in Holly Energy Partners, L.P., a master limited partnership that provides petroleum product and crude oil transportation, terminalling, storage and throughput services to the petroleum industry, including HollyFrontier Corporation subsidiaries.
Join HollyFrontier Corporation where you have the opportunity to develop and own your career!
HollyFrontier Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other prohibited ground of discrimination.