Fugro is a leader in pavement engineering. Through decades of pavement research and design on programs like the Federal Highway Administration's (FHWA's) Long Term Pavement Performance (LTPP) program, Fugro offers a wealth of experience in pavement evaluation, design, management, and preservation.
The Pavement Engineer
will apply extensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of Pavement Engineering and Infrastructure Asset Management. This role is tasked with making decisions independently on engineering problems and methods. Job Responsibilities:
- Carry out complex and novel assignments requiring the development of new or refined equipment, materials, processes, products, and/or scientific methods.
- Provide leadership in the firm and set an example consistent with exemplary ethical standards, mentor technical skills, and adherence to quality standards.
- Participate in selecting project team, assign duties, answer questions, monitor progress, and check the accuracy of completed work for the team.
- Estimate workforce needs and schedules and assign work to meet completion dates.
- Ensure commitments to clients are met in budget, timeliness, and accuracy to maintain a close relationship with clients throughout the development of the project and beyond.
- Assist Managers/Directors in business development, recruiting, and hiring.
- Production of accurate and timely invoices with the ability to collect fees from clients in a timely manner.
- Be able to travel extensively (required), both domestically and internationally.
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher-level roles given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available, including Staff Pavement Engineer, Senior Pavement Engineer, Associate Pavement Engineer, and Principal Pavement Engineer.Our Contribution to You (Growth Opportunity)
- Master's or a Ph.D. degree from an accredited college or university in Civil Engineering.
- Licensed as a Professional Civil Engineer is highly desired.
- Possess current driver's license with acceptable motor vehicle record.
- Diverse engineering skillset and knowledge of different aspects of pavement response and performance.
- Experience with rigid pavement analysis, design, instrumentation, construction, and testing is preferred.
- Experience with planning and implementation of research investigations is preferred.
- Understand advanced technical requirements and current data acquisition procedures.
- Ability to write reports, and business correspondence, present information, and ideas, and respond to questions in a clear and concise manner.
- Practical knowledge of college-level calculus, geometry, statistics, and other related mathematical disciplines.
At Fugro, we focus on helping our employees at every level of their career identify and use their strengths to contribute their best every day. From entry-level team members to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to grow knowledge and experiences. We support our employees by offering opportunities to sharpen their skills through on-the-job learning experiences to formal internal and external development programs.Benefits
At Fugro, we value people and offer a broad range of benefits which include, but are not limited to:
How to apply?
- A choice of Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans.
- Basic Group Life and AD&D Insurance.
- Short-term and Long-term Disability.
- A broad range of voluntary benefits.
- An employer-matched, 100% vested 401(k) Plan.
If you are interested in this role we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you. Please click on our 'apply' button and upload your resume and cover letter.Disclaimer for recruitment agencies: Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciatedFugro USA posting Disclaimer
Fugro is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly at
, option 5 or [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Pavement Engineer - Land
EEO is the law poster
EEO is the law supplement poster
- Business Correspondence
- Business Development
- Data Collection