To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Georgetown, SC 29440
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Electrical - Helper
EMCOR Group, Inc • Georgetown, SC
Posted 2 months ago
About us: Since 1962, Southern Industrial and Southern Crane has helped install and maintain the manufacturing and industrial base that has fueled growth across the Southeast. We have grown from a Carolinas-based crane and rigging company into the leading provider of operated crane services, rigging services, turn-key industrial construction and plant maintenance services in the Southeast. As part of EMCOR Group, Southern Industrial and Southern Crane’s ability to serve our customers is enhanced by EMCOR's financial strength and national presence.
Electrical - Helper:
Southern Industrial is seeking...experienced Industrial Electrical Helpers to assist in the installation, repair, and maintenance of electrical wiring, conduit, equipment and fixtures. They will assist in work on underground cable and conduit installation, terminating, and equipment installation for all phases of a construction project.
• Identify all tools required for tasks.
• Identify safety risks and the precautions required to eliminate those risks.
• Assist in the cutting, bending, and running of conduit as specified on blue prints.
• Assist in the installation, modification, and fabrication of cable tray as necessary according specifications.
• Assist in pulling cable through specified pathways.
• Assist in the assembly and installation of electrical equipment.
• Assist in terminating wires and cables to electrical equipment such as but not limited to breakers, control panels and distribution systems.
• Assist in the testing of electrical components for continuity and proper voltage readings according to specifications.
• Assist in the inspection of electrical equipment and components to identify hazards and to ensure the equipment is in good operational condition.
• Assist in the setup and maintenance of temporary power systems.
• Assist in the installation of and maintenance of the grounding systems for all equipment and structures.
• Assist in the hoisting of equipment and tools into location via bull rigging or crane.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Working Conditions/Physical Effort:
Conditions include working in office, shop, busy traffic areas, warehouses, and undeveloped properties, with frequent exposure to dirt, dust, grease, oil, vibrations, and adverse weather conditions. Must be able to safely access all areas of property, buildings, structures, wharves, rooftops and other elevated positions, as well as, confined spaces. Must be able to effectively use all required PPE equipment and lift up to fifty pounds. Strenuous physical demands are required to safely perform the essential functions associated with this position. Must be able to safely operate all involved equipment and tools. Must be capable of standing for long periods of time, bending consistently, working in confined spaces with limited access, on ladders, in personnel lifts, in workboats, and working in awkward body positions.
*Nothing in this job description restricts the Company’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer