Branch Banking Support Services Representative
New York, NY
Branch Banking Support Services Representative provides assistance to Apple Bank personnel and clients regarding Deposit Operations related issues and inquiries, and involves performing specific activities supporting branch operations functions, including but not limited to:
Lease Security processing, Abandoned Property oversight and remittance to the NYS Office of Unclaimed Funds, Non-Resident Alien (“NRA”) Account Onboarding, W8-BEN/IRS B Notice Reporting, Interest-On-Lawyers Accounts (IOLA) Reporting, Deceased ACH notifications and reclamations and Manager’s Draft Withdrawal Validation efforts (“MDWV”). The Depositor Services Representative assists with the trouble-shooting of issues and provides back-up support to team members when needed.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The Branch Banking Support Services Representative position supports the Senior Representative position by performing the duties delegated by the Senior Rep. This may entail initial transaction processing, review or reconciliation of the activities listed below:
- Assist the Lease Security function with transaction processing support.
- Interaction with Branch Management and/or third parties to ensure compliance with NYS Abandoned Property Law,
- Establish Non-Resident Alien (NRA) accounts pursuant to IRS and FFIEC BSA/AML due diligence protocols,
- Ensure remittances are settled timely with the IOLA fund trustees,
- Ensure Deceased Notification Entries (DNE) are processed timely to prevent posting any additional payments from SSA or other government agencies,
- Reviewing the use of Manager’s Drafts prepared by Branch Managers to ensure verbally authorized internal funds transfers are subsequently authenticated by the depositor,
- Process Bank-By-Mail (BBM) transactions in accordance with the Bank’s check hold policy and all special provisions as outlined in our primary disclosure “About Your Apple Accounts “and the Bank Floor Operations (BFO) manual.
- Returned mail handling
- Provides commensurate support with other Departmental obligations when necessary (which could include Branch Assessment Program validation efforts, Lease Security Processing, New Account Quality Control On-Boarding, Pension processing and Estate Settlement.).
Skills, Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 3 years of experience in a banking or financial services setting.
- Strong knowledge of Bank policies and procedures
- Must have familiarity with the Bank’s database system and related programs, systems and technology, including Cypress and Odin.
- Must display strong communication (verbal & written) and interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented and an ability to meet recurrent deadlines.
- Competent interpersonal, problem-solving and data entry skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite.
- Must demonstrate sound judgement, adhere to professional standards and exercise strict confidentiality in matters requiring discretion.
Apple Bank offers Medical/Dental, Vision, 401k and Tuition Reimbursement to full time employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, military and/or veteran status, or any other Federal or State legally-protected classes.
Transaction Processing (Business)