CareStaff Partners is seeking an experienced Teacher of the Visually Impaired for a critical contract position with a School District near Waldorf, MD
Specialty: Teacher of the Visually Impaired
Setting: Public School
Student Population: K-12
Start Date: ASAP
Hours Per Week: 35
Contract Length: 23 Weeks
Job Duties and Role Responsibilities:
As a Teacher of the Visually Impaired you will specialize in providing direct and/or consultative special education services specific to vision loss. The TVI provides support to students, teachers, and parents and acts as a liaison with community services. The TVI works with the educational team by advising the team about ways of enhancing the student’s learning by adapting activities and materials to the student’s abilities. The Teacher of the Visually Impaired will typically work full-time and may need to travel to serve multiple schools in the area. Other job duties for a Teacher of the Visually Impaired may include:
- Has primary responsibility for specialized instruction and services required to meet the unique educational needs of her visually impaired students.
- Consults regularly with the classroom teacher, other regular and special education personnel, parents, and others to coordinate programs and services for the visually impaired student.
- Shares responsibility with classroom teachers in the identification of instructional areas in which the student requires assistance.
- Prepares sequential and meaningful instruction geared to the student's assessed needs, IEP goals and objectives, functioning, and motivational levels.
- Provides assistance to the classroom teacher in academic subjects and activities of the classroom that, as a direct result of the student's visual impairment, require adaptation for the student.
- Conducts functional vision/learning media assessments and produces written reports.
- Instructs students in reading and writing skills, using magnification equipment and large print material and/or Braille.
- Transcribes lessons and other materials into Braille for blind students or large print for low vision students.
The CareStaff Partners Difference:
- Join a Family Oriented Team that is Passionate about the mutual goal of finding the right local or travel contract position for You and Your Family!
Seamless Communication and Ongoing Support from your:
- Compliance Specialist
- Payroll Professional
- Human Resources Representative
- Recruiters with Extensive Staffing Industry Knowledge
- Proven Track Record of Recruiting Excellence in Healthcare
Proud to Offer SAME DAY Medical Insurance - Multiple Coverage Plans to choose from, because there is no one size fits all solution when it comes to your well-being
- Dental and Vision
Supplemental Options Including, but not limited to - Life Insurance, Critical Illness, Accident, Short Term Disability
- Industry Competitive Pay Packages
- Tax-free allowances available on travel contracts
- Round Trip Travel Pay to and from Assignment
- Guaranteed Hours on most Contracts
- Weekly Direct Deposit
- Discounted CEU Access
- Licensure Reimbursement
- Competitive and Timely Paid Referral Bonuses