Apex Systems is currently looking to hire a Technical Support Specialist in Washington, DC. If you are looking for an opportunity with career growth, stability and metro accessibility, please apply with an updated resume to URL blocked - click to apply and a good time and number that you can be reached on!
Position: Technical Support Specialist
Location: Washington, DC
Must have: Must be eligible to acquire/maintain a DOJ public trust process; this will require a clean background, credit and US Citizenship
Responsible for server operations inclusive of hardware, operating system (OS), and utilities on the servers. Has expertise in one or more operating systems and is responsible for configuration, patch management, version and sub-version upgrades, and all aspects of the availability of servers, with the exception of COTS I GOTS applications. Also acts as Tier 2 response in operations environment where resolution cannot be handled by on-site Tier 1 staff.
Develops practical and workable solutions to clients' technical problems. Analyzes requirements and potential solutions for technical feasibility. Competent to work on multiple phases of complex projects independently. Coordinates activities with superiors and client personnel to resolve technical issues and ensures the successful delivery of the project requirements.
- Responsible for the creation of incident reports within a Remedy Ticketing System; tracking, escalation and completion
- Provide hands on hardware support for DOJ customers on site and customer facing:
- Set/configure equipment
- Move, Add, Change for desktops and laptops for customer
- Provide support for software issues to include:
- Windows 08/10
- Microsoft Suite
- Active Directory
- Mobile Devise Management
- Develops practical and workable solutions to clients' technical problems.
- Analyzes requirements and potential solutions for technical feasibility.
- Competent to work on multiple phases of complex projects independently.
- Coordinates activities with superiors and client personnel to resolve technical issues and ensures the successful delivery of the project requirements.
Requires a bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 3 years of experience
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Server (Computer Science)