Regional Program Director-OBGYN Services - AdventHealth Medical Group West Florida
Location Address: AdventHealth Medical Group West Florida, Tampa, FL
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Medical Group West Florida
Rollover PDO with service year increases in accrual
Comprehensive benefits package; including tuition reimbursement and matching 403b plan
Patient facing positions receiving company paid initial sets of scrubs
Company Discount programs
Full Time Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Promotes the philosophy, mission and vision of Florida Hospital and Adventist Health system to employees, patients, and other contacts outside the facility.
- Collaborate with OB Medical Director to ensure service and programmatic development, provider integration and resource utilization and control in order to support and enhance patient care and growth.
- Provides for a safe and complete environment for the delivery of patient care through operational processes and protocols, practice rounds, inventory control, and equipment checks. Corrects any known deficiencies.
- Maintains effective relationship and open communication with patients, families, management, staff, contractors’ insurance companies and the outside community.
- Exercises a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion and decision-making to achieve organization objectives.
- Coordinate/assist in specific functions and activities of assigned practices – including IT, accounting, HR, payroll, materials management, engineering and other support services.
- Supports and participates in marketing initiatives for Physician Enterprise, in collaboration with marketing departments and the management team.
- Collaborates with hospital leadership in coordination of a seamless patient experience from outpatient to inpatient servcies.
- Assists with annual budget process for assigned practices, as appropriate.
- Reviews monthly financial performance for assigned practices and makes recommendations for improvements to executive leadership and physicians.
- Keeps abreast of changes within the organization and implements procedures, policies and practices as needed in assigned practices.
- Assures medical records are maintained with respect to patient confidentiality, security, completeness and timeliness. Assures practices follow HIPPA and security regulations.
- Works with the Manager of Revenue Cycle Management to ensure practice reimbursement is appropriate.
- Assists in the orientation programs of the assigned physician practice.
- Evaluates and recommends facility utilization and improvement, including construction and renovation.
- Participates in recruitment, selection, orientation, evaluation of staff and dismissal, with the exception of employed physicians.
- Assures staff is scheduled to provide adequate coverage during all hours of operation using flexible staffing when appropriate.
- Ensures accurate time and attendance records are kept and reported in a timely manner.
- Uses progressive coaching and counseling to develop or discipline employees as necessary.
- Conducts monthly meetings with providers to discuss clinic operations, financial performance, needs, etc.
- Holds regular staff meetings to keep employees informed of developments.
- Researches and prepares reports, presentations as needed.
- Supports employee engagement and is accountable for Press Ganey survey results and action plans for improvement.
- Maintain the following physician and practice licensures and ensure they are current; submit copies to Compliance Coordinator and Credentialing Specialist – they will maintain physical files and place them on the S Drive.
- Florida Medical License; County, City, Practice Licenses; DEA
- CLIA (coordinate with Compliance Coordinator and/or Risk Manager)
- Responsible for the management of all practice providers (physicians, surgeons, APP’s, etc.), each practice manager within respective practices, and the practice coordinator position within the bariatric surgery practice.
- Approve and submit timecards for all employees and Providers to payroll
- Approve and track all PDO time; submit to payroll for all employees and Providers
- Track Provider spending and PLD time against contracted amounts for CME & Licenses/Dues per Provider
- Assist Providers in submitting “medical flex spending” reports for reimbursement
- Submit New Employee Hire/Term Employee forms to HR
- Travel required on occasion, up to 25%
What You Will Need:
- Master’s Degree in healthcare, business or related field.
- 5-7 years’ experience in medical group practice environment (Obstretrics/Gynecology preferred)
- Proficient experience in compliant coding guidelines, reimbursement procedures, medical records management, and effective practice operations.
- Practical knowledge and experience in working with practice management software systems with the ability to direct workflow in order to optimize operations.
- Experience working with Electronic Health Records (EHR) systems.
- Experience with budgetary finance and accounting skills with regards to practice management and operations.
The Program Director is responsible for the overall operational success of the Obstetrics and Gynecology program for West Florida Division within Florida Hospital Physician Group. This position in coordination with the OB Medical Director is responsible for the management of all practice providers (physicians/midwives, APP’s, etc.) and practice managers within their respective markets. This position provides strategic leadership and direction utilizing the tools that have been provided, including the coordination of all practice activities except those directly involving professional medical judgment. Responsible for providing support service to the assigned physician practices including compliance, auditing, coding, credentialing, accounts receivable, and denial management and ensures cost-effective, high-quality health care services for all patients. In addition, works in collaboration with Florida Hospital support departments in order to meet the needs of the physician practices to maintain efficient operations. This position requires a high degree of independence, initiative, judgment, and follow-through on a wide range of sensitive and complex issues.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Electronic Medical Record