Join the Clean Energy Revolution
Become a Contract Management Specialist at Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. In this job, you’ll work in the Grid Contract Management (GCM) team which plays a key role in contract management and compliance. This individual will be responsible for managing California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) tariff contracts. This person will interpret contracts and define required actions to comply with contractual obligations. You will also assist in the resolution of disputes, perform and track required actions, and administer contract amendments resulting from customer requests, regulatory mandates, tariff changes, or implementation of Company policies or standards.
As a Contract Management Specialist, your work will help power our planet, reduce carbon emissions, and create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us build the future?
A day in the life – Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
- Manages a portfolio of low complexity grid interconnection agreements to SCE’s transmission and distribution systems, from contract execution through contract termination (agreement lifecycle).
- Acts as a point of contact to external and internal customers on contractual matters.
- Regularly interacts with customers by providing milestone updates/guidelines and project updates throughout the project lifecycle.
- Leads meetings, develops agendas, summarizes and documents decisions and action items, amends agreements and handles contract suspensions and terminations.
- Ensures that all documents submitted by the customer are timely, accurate and correctly archived.
- Accurately updates the contract management database and electronic document storage system.
- Develops presentation materials and reports to senior leadership to provide status of contract issues.
- Three or more years of overall experience in contract or program management.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience managing or reviewing Regulatory agreements/contracts related to the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) and/or CPUC regulatory tariffs.
- Experience with most aspects of the interconnection processes included in tariffs and rules approved by the FERC and the CPUC.
- Electric Utility Industry experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
You should know …
Work Mode: When a return-to-office date has been determined, this position’s work mode is hybrid. The employee will report to an SCE facility for a set number of days with the option to work remotely on the remaining days. Unless otherwise noted, employees are required to reside in the state of California. Further details of this work mode will be discussed at the interview stage.
- Visit our [ Link removed ] to get meaningful information related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, and hiring process, and more!
- Relocation does not apply to this position.
- This position requires testing and applicants who are identified to continue through the selection process will be invited to test via email. We invite you to visit our Candidate Resource page for further information and to access information guides. For information guides, please reference tests: Edison Individual Contributor Workstyles (Test 8203). Candidates who have previously passed these assessment(s), in some cases, may not need to retest again for this position.
About Southern California Edison
The people at SCE don't just keep the lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. We’re fueling the kind of innovation that’s changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. Join us and create a future with cleaner energy, while providing our customers with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE, you’ll have a chance to grow personally and professionally, making a real impact in Southern California and around the world.
At SCE, we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at
- Agenda Development
- Contract Management