Careers with Optum. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on an elite team. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)Positions in this function prepare and maintain records of amounts owed and ensures prompt payment of invoices. Processes and verifies invoice coding, preparation of vouchers, and issuances of checks for payments. Reviews documents for accuracy and compliance with organization policy and regulatory guidelines including proper authorization, documentation, general ledger coding, correct amounts, proper remittance, and sales tax. May include responsibility for vendor and provider payments, as well as employee reimbursements.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to either work in office or remote nationwide* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Validates proper authorization of payment requests
- Processes payment requests in a timely and accurate manner
- Resolves payment process issues
- Identify and communicate systems needs and enhancements
- Ensures compliance with applicable AP and Expense policies
- Ensures compliance with applicable internal and external policies, procedures, and regulations (e.g., UHG expense policies, tax authorities, regulatory agencies, and Sarbanes-Oxley regulations)
- Ensures compliance with applicable control requirements
- Leverages tools, resources, and available information to detect potential fraud and takes appropriate action
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1+ years related accounting experience (Equivalent combination of education, experience and applicable military experience will be considered)
- Knowledge of accounting and accounts payable procedures and practices
- Proficient computer skills, including accounting database experience
- Ability to handle corporate documents confidentially
- Proven data entry and organizational skills, as well as attention to detail and the ability to work in a team oriented environment
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas, In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders.
- National Career Readiness Certificate
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to complete some work without established procedures or review by others (supervision/guidance is required for higher level tasks)
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. At this time, 90% of our non-clinical workforce transitioned to a work at home (remote) status. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.
You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior Accounts Payable Processor - Remote[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior Accounts Payable Processor - Remote
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $17.12 to $30.34. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords; accounting, accounts payable, accounting database #RPO, La Crosse, WI, work from home, work at home, WFH, WAH, remote, hiring immediately, #RPO