Job ID: 53341
Our client in Braintree, Massachusetts is seeking a Tableau / Business Objects Developer.
Candidates who are eligible to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
This Tableau / Business Objects Developer consultant will consult/analyze and deliver on more complex assignments/projects for his/her assigned area(s) of business intelligence development responsibility. S/he will be responsible for analyzing business intelligence (BI) and reporting requirements, developing value-added BI solutions, quality assurance, and providing SME support to internal clients. S/he will deliver more complex BI solutions following the development life cycle process. S/he will provide data analysis review of data to identify behavioral data and patterns.
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) or responsibility, assess the impact, and collaborates with management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions.
- Champions and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Serves as a resource to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders on more complex assignments/projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Identifies and recommends process improvements that significantly reduce workloads or improve quality for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Consults/Analyze on more complex assignments and/or projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Define, design and develop dashboards, scorecards and interactive reports.
- Analyzes increasingly complex systems specifications of existing programs to determine requirements.
- Documents increasingly complex programs and procedures.
- Provides data analysis on data to identify trends and patterns within the business areas.
- Analyzes data for forecasting and predictive analysis.
- Provides input and validates increasingly complex project plans, test plans and implementation plans.
- Tests increasingly complex program changes thoroughly to ensure accuracy.
- Partners with internal stakeholders to ensure that solutions are designed, developed and implemented from a business point of view.
- Consults and/or participates in the requirements, design and coding walkthroughs to ensure the development of quality solutions.
- Proactively identifies problems and presents/develops solutions
- Communicates effectively with internal stakeholders and management.
- Seek ways to apply new technology to, and reuse existing technology for, business processes. Research and provide information on technical trends and competitors' practices relevant to assigned line-of-business (LOB) or business unit (BU) partners
- Assess near-term needs, using structured interview processes, to establish business priorities. Consult with technical subject matter experts, and develop alternative technical solutions. Advise on options, risks, costs versus benefits, and impact on other business processes and system priorities.
- Work with other IT functional areas to remain apprised of program and large project status, and inform line-of-business (LOB) or business unit (BU partner management of progress. Conversely, keep IT's technology and service managers aware of key line-of-business (LOB) or business unit (BU) partner issues, identifying and resolving potential problems and conflicts.
Knowledge & Skills
- 4 Year/Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Systems, Information Technology or Computer Engineering, Business and Data Analytics.
- 5+ Years' experience in Big data/ETL development that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position
- 5+ Years' experience in data warehousing that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position
- Possesses advanced application of SQL queries and packages
- Experience with Hadoop, Hive, Impala, Apache Spark, SyncSort, Informatica and other ETL solutions required
- Experience with No SQL and Relational Databases like Oracle, SQL Server is required
- A demonstrated track record of consistently meeting and/or exceeding performance expectations
- Possesses a bias for action and avoids workplace distractions
- Drives performance targets to completion
- Sound communication skills with management, development teams, vendors, systems administrators and other related service providers
- Practical ability to communicate, influence and persuade - business and IT leaders as well as peers.
- Use the language of business leaders and join the conversation that's taking place.
- Expert level ability to adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs.
- Expert level ability to establish and maintain a high-level of business partner trust and confidence.
- Team player, facilitator and works well with others.
Fast Switch, Ltd. is a high-growth IT staffing firm, with headquarters in Dublin, Ohio and with offices serving the Columbus, Detroit, Boston, Cincinnati, Minneapolis, Phoenix, Hartford, Los Angeles, Tucson, San Francisco, Denver, and Cleveland metropolitan areas. We have a staff of over 780 associates and have experienced growth while remaining profitable.
Compensation can vary depending on experience and capability, plus benefits which include healthcare, dental, and vision insurance, long term disability coverage, and 401(k) with match and IMMEDIATE vesting. Our benefits package, in this day and age, is superb.
To view all of our open positions, please go to: www.fastswitch.com and/or navigate to our Careers page.
Tableau (Busines Intelligence Software)