COVID\-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities\. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID\-19 variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security\.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires\. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID\-19 Community Level at the specific work location\.
**Description:** This position supports the Controls and Smart Buildings Team within the Lockheed Martin Rotary & Mission Systems \(RMS\) Facilities organization\. The selected candidate will work initially under the guidance of an Engineering Manager with the goal of quickly becoming an independent subject matter expert\.
Duties will include:
• Supporting site HVAC systems/equipment and the development, installation, maintenance, monitoring, and use of new/existing facilities/operations Building Management Systems \(BMS\)
• Building graphics in BMS
• Utilizing BMS and fault detection & diagnostics \(FDD\) software \(e\.g\. SkySpark\) for daily troubleshooting and optimization of site HVAC systems across the Manassas facility campus \(1\.2 MSF\)
• Triaging faults & anomalies to prioritize response team effort and verifying faults have been corrected
• Tuning analytic rules & performing continuous quality control on expansive data sets
• Working closely with site Facilities Engineering and Facilities Maintenance Teams to:
\- Diagnose, repair, recalibrate, or replace infrastructure to improve reliability and efficiencies
\- Integrate new equipment, add new analytics, and configure monitoring systems related to building renovations, new construction & existing labs/offices
\- Expand Industrial Internet of Things \(IIoT\) technology implementation
• Working independently, under direction, and as a supporting member of the Smart Buildings Team
• Obtains and supervises outside contractors\.
• Provides engineering consulting services to local offices\.
• Working independently, under direction, and as a supporting member of construction project teams\.
• Bachelors Degree in Engineering
• At least 3 years of experience with building automations systems \(e\.g\. WebCTRL, iFix, Niagara, Metasys, etc\.\)
• Experience in troubleshooting HVAC system operation and controls
• Xperience in security systems \(e\.g Lenel, etc\.\.\)
• Excellent communication and teamwork skills; enjoys group problem solving and technical discussions
• Willingness to continuously & proactively look for problems and opportunities to improve system performance
• Considered a subject mater expert in discipline
• Strong knowledge of facilities engineering, operations & maintenance in an industrial environment\.
• Excellent verbal & written communication skills\.
• Strong leadership skills, especially working with diverse teams and individuals\.
• Represents the organization as the technical contact on projects\. Interacts with senior external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations\.
• Candidate must have the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance\. Obtaining a clearance requires US Citizenship\.
• Experience with existing building commissioning \(EBCx\) / retro\-commissioning \(Rx\)
• Experience with fault detection & diagnostics \(FDD\) / monitoring\-based commissioning \(MBCx\) software \(e\.g\. SkySpark\)
• Experience programming or scripting in a language \(e\.g\. Python, R\) and an aptitude for picking up new languages
• Power plant equipment, systems, and operations\.
• Familiarity with environmental, safety and health aspects of facility operations\.
• Proven track record as a change agent\.
**Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer\. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status\.**
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours\. Our customers tackle the hardest missions\. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision\. They're dangerous\. Critical\. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives\. Those are the missions we care about\.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges\. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U\.S\., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories\.
- Building Management Systems
- Computer Programming
- Data Analysis