Sr. Electrical Design Engineer
Come join our client's multi-disciplined team of architects, engineers and environmental scientists in our Melville, Westchester, or Manhattan locations. Apex Systems is looking for a Sr. Electrical Engineer with 6+ years' experience in a consulting engineering firm designing building power, lighting, communication and security systems. In this role, you will work with other MEP engineers as part of a multi-disciplined design team.Working with architects, civil engineers, and environmental scientists, you will be executing electrical engineering design work for both public and private clients.You will also coordinate the efforts of both in-house and outside teams who handle power generation, distribution, low voltage, lighting, communication, fire alarm and security system design.
- Design of electrical systems such as power distribution, stand-by power generation, lighting, communication, fire alarm and security systems.
- Supervise a group of Electrical Engineers in project design and development tasks, including drawings, calculations, cost estimates, and specifications, respond to client questions and comments, review contractor submittals, and provide clarifications during construction.
- Review electrical department design documents for completion and ensure department personnel adhere to accepted industry and company standards.
- Assist in the development of company quality standards and procedures.
- Work closely with management and electrical department leadership to develop and implement electrical short- and long-range manpower and production plans to meet project objectives.
- Assist in business development initiatives to pursue new projects including participation in client presentations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Qualifications
- Education (Minimum required): BS in Electrical Engineering from an accredited program.
- Experience (Minimum required): 6+ years of experience with a consulting engineering firm designing building power, lighting, communication and security systems.
- A thorough understanding and knowledge of the architectural and engineering industry, including the Federal, State, and local laws and regulations that pertain to the industry.
- Licensed Professional Engineer.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience using Outlook and Microsoft Office (or similar software).
- LEED Accreditation and working knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit, and Easy Power desired.
- Ability to mentor junior level staff.
- Experience with HVAC and plumbing systems a plus.
Our integrated approach to design incorporates the diverse voices and visions of our staff into every project. Through mentoring, peer reviews, and professional development opportunities, employees at every level are offered the opportunity to share best practices and gain new experiences.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package including medical/dental/vision insurance with HSA & FSA, life and LTD insurance, 401(k) with matching contributions, annual bonus, tuition reimbursement, and excellent professional development program.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Coaching And Mentoring