To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Minnetonka, MN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Underwriting Consultant , Group Retiree, Fully Insured - Minnetonka or Potential Telecommute
UnitedHealth Group • Minnetonka, MN
Posted 24 days ago
This role handles new business and renewal work for retiree populations. Fully insured experience is highly desired. Experience with Medicare Advantage plans is an asset.
The preferred location is in the Minnetonka, MN office. Telecommuting will be considered for highly qualified candidates.
- Prepare financial modeling for reserve calculation, budget calculation, and other ongoing reviews that directly aligns with client strategies
- Validate renewals and request for proposals for accuracy including utilization and experience reporting
- Conduct competitive analysis of all coverage lines and present financial and contractual findings
- Interact with sales area on new business and renewal pricing
- Fully insured experience is highly desired for this role
- Knowledge of Medicare Advantage is an asset
- 4+ years experience in healthcare underwriting for any variety of products: PPO, HMO, self-funded, ASO/fully-insured, group or individual OR similar experience in financial/risk analysis/economics
- Intermediate or higher level of proficiency with MS Office suite (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Fully insured experience
Experience with Medicare Advantage
Experience working with Sales
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Post Graduate Degree in Math, Finance, Business or related degree
- Minnetonka location
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Underwriting Consultant, Group Retiree - Minnetonka, Healthcare Underwriting, Group Retiree Underwriting, SR. Underwriter, Fully Insured Underwriting, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota