Under general direction, the Laundry Supervisor supervises and performs work of Laundry Attendants to maintain quality control, as well as, performs work duties in the Laundry Manager’s absence, to include, scheduling and ordering supplies.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Washes, dries, sorts, presses, and folds fabrics. Treats stained fabrics, removes damaged fabrics, cleans and waxes equipment.
- Evaluates work of Laundry Attendants.
- Monitors supply inventory, requisitions tools, equipment, and supplies from management.
- Assists in maintaining reports (i.e. production poundage, discards, bio, etc.).
- Track and document all discards.
- Complete all checklists and forms associated with training on washers, dryers, steam press, and folders, as per property policy. Follow resorts policy and procedure for the disposal on discards, bio-hazards of linen and/or terry products.
- Review and understand the safety data sheets (SDS) binder pertaining to all chemicals, adhering to the associated safety requirements.
- Inspects linen and terry product.
- Reports any safety issues to management.
- Completes all required Company trainings and compliance courses as assigned.
- Adheres to Company standards and maintains compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience in the cleaning/hospitality field required.
- A minimum of one (1) year of supervisory experience required.
This position provides immediate supervision to direct reports. Oversees and control the work performance of others in a close working relationship, often in the same room or close proximity. A portion of the time may be spent performing individual tasks similar to those performed by direct reports. May participate in the interview, selection and training processes as assigned.
May be responsible for assigning work to direct reports, reviewing results in accordance to policies and procedures, and providing recommendations to management. LICENSE & CERTIFICATIONS
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- This position does not require licenses or certifications.
This position requires the capability to understand and follow both oral and written directions as well as knowledge and usage of correct business English and office practices. Must be able to communicate effectively with others, analyze and resolve problems, maintain effective working relationships, and interact successfully with internal and external customers.
Specific skills and abilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ability to operate motor-driven equipment.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Understand how to develop and implement business strategies.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proficient in time management; the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to take initiative and effectively adapt to changes.
- Recognizes an emergency situation and takes appropriate action.
- Able to establish and maintain a cooperative working relation.
- Ability to interpret and create spreadsheets.
- Able to use sound judgment; work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Able to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature, with impending deadlines and/or established timeframes.
- Performs well with frequent interruptions and/or distractions.
- Ability to consistently demonstrate how We Love to Say Yes™ by maintaining the highest standards of professionalism when interacting with team members, management, members, owners, and guests.
Complex Problem Solving