To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Carpinteria, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Sr. Engineer - Process Engineering
Avantor • Carpinteria, CA
Posted 18 days ago
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Must be regular and punctual in attendance and adhere to all NuSil employee handbook policies.
Develops personal strategies for juggling competing demands.
Human Resources Related:
- Must be able to make well-grounded decisions and assessments using quality and engineering tools.
- Must be able to lead and motivate others to perform tasks accurately, completely and on-time.
- Must be able to work in a cross functional environment, respecting and engaging others to resolve problems and improve processes.
- Coordinate diverse groups from manufacturing, quality assurance, engineering and operations to achieve required goals.
- Provides coaching and training to others on analysis tools and results.
- Adheres to all NuSil Technology Safety policies.
- Identifies potential hazardous situations and addresses hazardous processes.
- Identifies and implements enhanced technologies to improve Environmental, Health and Safety attributes of manufacturing practices.
Process / Deliverables Related:
- Independently design and manage projects to timelines.
- Manage and sustain organizational change.
- Achieve goals within prescribed time frames.
- Easily assume ownership role in ensuring that all projects are coordinated thoroughly including formation of teams, training of applicable personnel, design of project, data collection and analysis, implementation of corrective action and establishment of control measures to ensure sustainable change.
- Excellent problem solving skills. Understanding of SPC and the ability to implement appropriate metrics and monitoring. Experience with successful continuous quality improvement implementations and Lean Initiatives.
- Schedules project assignments and maintains process flow to ensure timely completion of analyses.
- Assumes ownership role in ensuring that projects are completed on-time and accurately.
- Responsible for designing and implementing new processes as a result of analyses.
- Initiative, competence and confidence to anticipate and respond to issues.
- Learn process, chemistry and equipment quickly in order to lead problem solving activities.
- Must be able to independently identify opportunities for improvement, gather the appropriate data to support the change and speak to the change in a scientific and persuasive manner.
- Responsible for reviewing process reproducibility trends of applicable products and:
- improving products be robust and repeatable conveying that knowledge to others training others on trend analysis and notification processes helping others to apply that knowledge to improve processes and or products.
- Responsible for problem definition, measurement, analysis, improvement and control of processes, products and equipment using applicable problem solving (i.e., DMAIC) and lean (i.e., kanbans) tools.
- Responsible for recognizing the need for new processes as a result of process observation, analysis and team involvement.
- Responsible for anticipating problems and breakdowns with regard to processes based on knowledge acquired from process observation, analysis and team involvement.
Process Engineering Related:
- Identifies and implements enhanced technologies to improve EHS, Process capacity, process throughput, costs, etc. in manufacturing processes.
- Works with R&D on effective design, scale-up and transition of new products to manufacturing including both product design and process design.
- Designs new equipment and / or processes to support new and existing technologies.
- Must be able to plan projects that will operate in the short term, medium term and long term, balancing timelines, analyses, etc.
- Must be able to specify a future state improvement and devise the actions required to achieve the goal.
Inventory & Scheduling Related:
- Must be able to understand the fundamentals of how physical and perpetual inventories are related.
- Must also understand other basic inventory principles such as allocating of materials as well as cycle counting.
- Responsible for devising and implementing plans to minimize inventory and improve process flow / output by using Lean Manufacturing concepts.
- Works on other special projects as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned that support the overall objective of the position.
SUPERVISORY / LEADERSHIP RESPONSIBILITIES
Will train, direct daily activities and verify accuracy of work performed by others for project completion.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Knowledge of process production activities in a chemical or mechanical manufacturing environment. Prior experience at NuSil preferred. Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Operations Management, or equivalent experience required. Knowledge of basic problem solving tools (DMAIC) and lean manufacturing concepts (kanbans, kaizen, 5S) required. Knowledge of OSHA, NFPC, HazWoper, and other governmental regulatory requirements (e.g., 21 CFR Part 820, cGMP, ISO, FDA, etc.) required. Working knowledge of functions within a typical business supply chain (e.g., shipping, receiving, order procurement / purchasing, scheduling, inventory and execution) required. Excellent oral and written skills. Expert computer skills (MS WORD / EXCEL) required; ability to program macros in Visual Basic preferred.
Requires 2 - 5 years employment as Associate- Process Engineer or comparable role.