Supplier Quality Engineer – Kalamazoo, MI
Kelly Services is currently seeking Supplier Quality Engineer for one of our top clients in Kalamazoo, MI.
JOB TITLE: Supplier Quality Engineer
INDUSTRY: Medical Device
WORK LOCATION: Kalamazoo, MI
DURATION: 12 Months (Temporary / Contract)
Responsible for the design, modeling, development and testing of a machine, structure or system. Develops functional requirements. Understands and applies standard engineering principles. Creates simulations and prototypes to evaluate preliminary designs and test how a machine, structure or system operates. Designs and tests components and integrates components to produce final product. Monitors quality of products and controls the efficiency of processes. Evaluates a design's overall effectiveness, cost, reliability, and safety. Investigates root causes of failures to maintain quality and recommend improvements.
Working within a cross functional team to execute various tasks within the manufacturing transfer process.
• Supporting the building of project schedules
• Working with current suppliers to understand how components and sub-assemblies are manufactured in order to assist in the transfer of manufacturing process to new suppliers.
• Components/manufacturing process to be transferred requiring contractors to support planning, testing, validation work in the following areas: PCB boards, injection molding, manual assembly, electrical design, floor layout.
Requirements: • 3-5 years’ experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required (Mechanical or Electrical preferred)
• Ability to Travel Internationally
Top 3 Must Haves
1. Good Communicator
2. Organized and Structured
3. Self-Starter with some experience in the PPAP process
Top 3 Nice to Haves
1. Good attention to detail
2. Knowing processes such as electrical or molding would be of benefit
3. If they have experience in Manufacturing Transfers or any supplier activities would be of benefit but not essential
Hours: 8am – 5pm
Kelly® puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly® as a firm with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety and flexibility of working on short term project engagements or prefer contract-to-hire or direct hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly® to explore opportunities that suit your specific professional interests.
As a Kelly Services employee, you will have access to numerous perks, including:
- Exposure to a variety of career opportunities as a result of our expansive network of client companies
- Career guides, information and tools to help you successfully position yourself throughout every stage of your career
- Access to more than 3,000 online training courses through our Kelly Learning Center
- Weekly pay and service bonus plans
- Group-rate insurance options available immediately upon hire*
Let us help advance your career today.
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity, and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety and flexibility of working on short-term project engagements or prefer contract-to-hire or direct-hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific professional interests.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. URL blocked - click to apply
Attention To Detail