Job ID: CEP004581About Us
At Cepheid, we are passionate about improving healthcare through faster, more accurate diagnostic tests. With our GeneXpert® System, we’ve taken the most sophisticated molecular technology and packaged it into an automated, easy-to-use format that has quickly become the platform of choice worldwide. From the largest laboratories to small physician offices, our game-changing solution delivers critical answers when clinicians and patients need them most. Through strong molecular biology capabilities and ongoing product innovation, we are focused on developing tests for healthcare-associated infections, sexual health, critical infectious disease, virology, and oncology applications. Come join our vision for a better way and help make life better for us all! For more details, visit us at [ Link removed ] or follow us on Twitter (@CepheidNews).Description
The Sales Training Manager will support the Cepheid University Sales Training process and report to the Director, Sales Training and Development. Developing and delivering curriculum, field coaching, and executing Training objectives with the goal to achieve and exceed US sales objectives.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include but are not limited to:
- Exercises classroom management, including learner performance, and escalates issues within Sales Training and to Sales Leadership when necessary.
- Designs and develops content for E-Learning, virtual and remote learning, and in-person instructor-led training.
- Field travel to coach field-based sales reps and sales leadership.
- Partners with Sales, Clinical Solutions, and Marketing management leadership to assess training needs, developing an implementation plan, and creating, leading, and facilitating learning/training initiatives.
- Employs rapid course development methodologies to quickly meet needs of organization.
- Thinks and acts globally and is aware of learning and cultural differences both domestically and globally that drive learner effectiveness.
- Exhibits exceptional interpersonal communication skills to foster and strengthen relationships with matrix and business partners to support training initiatives.
- Keeps all technical skills updated via assigned work and professional development opportunities.
- Identifies Business Partner training needs through performance consulting, knowledge of business; prepares to meet the needs.
- Measures and tracks learner and business partner satisfaction.
- Supports enterprise projects as a training Subject Matter Expert as assigned by management.
- Plans, coordinates, and facilitates Train the Trainer sessions as needed and directed by management.
- Manages multiple ongoing projects and demonstrates excellent organization skills.
- Utilizes project management skills, including project milestones, scope, goals, deliverables, resources, timing, etc.
- Demonstration of innovation through creative Adult Learning techniques in both development and delivery of content.
Education or Experience (in years):
- BA/BS in Training, Instructional Design, E-Learning, other Learning discipline, or related field preferred:
- Bachelor’s degree with 8+ years of related work experience OR
- Master’s degree in field with 6+ years of related work experience OR
- Doctoral degree in field with 3+ years of work experience
- 5 years formal training experience; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
- Employee mentoring and/or development required.
- Minimum of 5 years of documented sales experience exceeding goals required.
- Sales Training experience strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated success in following Corporate sales process and administrative requirements (eg: Salesforce.com, Monthly Reports, business intelligence reports).
Knowledge and skills:
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- Public speaking, facilitation, and delivery of training and learning.
- Proficiency in computer skills, software, Microsoft Office Programs, especially PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in learning technology, online tools and systems: LMS, Content Management, and, Salesforce.com, SharePoint, WebEx/Go To/Live, and/or Adobe Connect, strongly preferred.
- Excellent curriculum instructional design development and skills.
- Understanding of Adult Learning Theories; Needs Assessment; Performance Consulting.
- Strong understanding of Sales and Sales Training.
- Ability to understand products and complex technical data, operating and maintenance instructions, and demos.
- Cultivates working relationships with internal and external team members, matrix partners, and business partners.
- Strong understanding of metrics and the use of data to manage process.
- Healthcare, Medical Device or Diagnostic, Capital Equipment, and/or Lab Equipment experience desired.
- Strong understanding of the Healthcare environment, including ACA, healthcare economics, and reimbursement.
- An essential function of this position is the ability to pass vendor credentialing requirements imposed by assigned customers, which can include, by way of example only, periodic background checks and drug screening, immunizations, and training, and may vary by customer and change from time-to-time. The Company pays the cost for any such vendor credentialing requirements.
- Demonstrated leadership beyond minimum job responsibilities.
- Strong knowledge of Molecular Diagnostic industry.
The statements in this description represent typical elements, criteria and general work performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills for this job.Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 71,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 5,200% over 25 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We're innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you'll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key components including base salary, variable annual incentive compensation based on personal and company performance, and long-term incentive.
Coaching And Mentoring