To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Phoenix, AZ
- Sturgeon Electric Company, Inc
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Project Engineer - C&I
Sturgeon Electric Company, Inc. • Phoenix, AZ
Posted 1 month ago
Would you like the chance to work within a dynamic team environment, and for a company that has a reputation for a great culture? Does the idea of working on a variety of projects sound enticing? If so, an exciting opportunity as a Project Engineer awaits you!
Since 1912 Sturgeon Electric has been providing comprehensive electrical construction services to clients in Arizona and throughout the western United States. Sturgeon Electric performs all types of electrical construction, including Commercial & Industrial, Line, Traffic, and Low Voltage & Communications, and is an industry leader in OSHA's VPP Safety Program. Sturgeon also provides a highly competitive benefits package including: medical, dental & vision insurance, paid vacation & holidays, company paid life insurance and a 401K.
What are you waiting for? Build yourself with us!
Project Engineer Duties:
- Interpretation of applicable construction drawings
- Assist with the review of plans and specifications and prepare a checklist of contract features which require periodic attention and list items the sub-contractor must submit for approval prior to the start of the work
- Assist with cost estimates as needed
- Assist with project scheduling as needed
- Ensure maintenance of accurate records
- Assist with preparing statements of work, submittals, change management and necessary daily and weekly reporting
- Promote safety in construction operations and ensure compliance with safety requirements
- Inspect equipment, material, workmanship and finished construction
- Check progress of work in the field
- Observe work in progress to ensure that procedures are followed and materials used conform to required specifications
- Ability to travel as needed
- Ability to complete additional tasks and duties as asked by management
- Understand and comply with the Company's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and other industry-specific professional and ethical conduct standards, if applicable
Project Engineer Requirements:
- 1 + years of experience in the construction process of commercial electrical operations or general construction experience preferred
- Bachelor of Science degree within Construction Management, Civil Engineering or related field is preferred
- Journeyman or Master Electrician license is preferred
- Must be able to read blueprints and drawings
- Proficient with working with various software programs such as Outlook, Word, Excel is helpful
- Proficient with using Microsoft Project and/or Primavera (P6 preferred) at an intermediate or higher level is helpful
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills
- Must possess strong analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Must have the ability to think practically in order to solve office and job-site problems and interface effectively with senior project personnel
Salary commensurate with experience.
Apply at: www.myrgroup.com. Complete work history OR resume attachment is a must to be considered for employment. If you require an accommodation to complete the online application, please call our Employment Hotline at 1-855-635-1321.
MYR Group Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.