To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1091 Pinehurst Lane
Palm Desert, CA 92260
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Assistant Director of Front Office
Marriott Vacations Worldwide • Palm Desert, CA
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Assists the Front Office Manager in administering front office functions and supervising staff on a daily basis. Front office areas include Bell/Door Staff, Switchboard and Guest Services/Front Desk. Position directs and works with managers and employees to carry out procedures ensuring an efficient check in and check out process. Ensures guest and employee satisfaction and maximizes the financial performance of the department.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the guest services, front desk, or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; no work experience required.
Supporting Management of Front Desk Team
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Supervises and manages employees. Managing all day-to-day operations. Understanding employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence.
- Ensures employee recognition is taking place on all shifts.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees.
Monitoring and Supporting Progress Toward Guest Services and Front Desk Goals
- Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Handles complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
- Strives to improve service performance.
- Collaborates with the Front Office Manager on ways to continually improve departmental service.
- Communicates a clear and consistent message regarding the Front Office goals to produce desired results.
- Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action plans based on review of comment cards and guest satisfaction results.
- Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
- Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Displays outstanding hospitality skills.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Interacts with customers on a regular basis to obtain feedback on quality of product, service levels and overall satisfaction.
- Provides feedback to employees based on observation of service behaviors.
- Handles guest problems and complaints effectively.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
Managing Projects and Policies
- Implements the customer recognition/service program, communicating and ensuring the process.
- Ensures compliance with all Front Office policies, standards and procedures.
- Monitors adherence to all credit policies and procedures to reduce bad debts and rebates.
- Provides information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
- Functions in place of the Front Office Manager in his/her absence.
- Communicates critical information from pre- and post-convention meetings to the Front Office staff.
- Participates in department meetings.