Now seeking a licensed insurance agent for customer service and retention. You will be responsible for retaining existing customers who are calling to cancel plans due to a variety of customer issues or competitive offers by helping to resolve customer issues so that they continue to stay with the organization. This will include, but not limited to, assisting customers with applying for new coverage within the organization's companies. This individual will also proactively contact existing customers who may be at the risk of losing coverage due to lapsed payments.
This is a seasonal role and will go From September through December, pay will be at $20 hour, this is a remote position. You can sit anywhere but must be willing to work on CST
location: Austin, Texas
job type: Contract
work hours: 8 to 5
education: High School
experience: 1 Years
- Receive calls from existing customers looking to cancel their current policy and assess /identify the reason for the cancellation request
- Determine and share options to address customer's cancellation reasons by: addressing customer service issues via the applicable processes; supply alternative plan options that may better suited to the customer's needs; clarify current benefit options
- When applicable the specialist will quote and enroll customers following the standard guidelines and processes governed by CMS
- Conduct outbound calls to existing customers who are at risk of cancelling due to nonpayment and assess reasons for potential lapses in payment.
- Determine the correct course of action to retain the customers which may include updating payment information, routing the caller to make a payment with a customer service associate, or quoting a different plan option that better meets the customer's financial budget.
- Document and track all calls to ensure proper follow up is done within a timely manner
- Possess/maintain an active Life and Health insurance license
- Experience in, or understanding of, healthcare and/or insurance industry
- Call/contact center experience
- Working knowledge of the health insurance industry
- Strong telephone verbal and listening skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Dedication and commitment to exceptional customer service when selling and servicing our customers
- Capable of working and communicating with many people possessing diverse personalities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including oral presentation
- Strong organizational skills with an attention to detail
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel
- Understanding of the various insurance policies
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 1 to 2 years of sales experience
- At least two years telephonic experience, preferably in Sales
- 1 to 2 years of college in Business, Communications, Marketing, or related fields. Equivalent related experience may substitute for education requirements
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience in, or understanding of, hospitals, healthcare and/or insurance industry
- Proven sales experience or related position within insurance field
- Knowledge of managed care and insurance products
- Understanding of D.O.I. rules and regulations
skills: Customer Service, Analysis - Sales
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Attention To Detail