Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
About Abbott Diagnostics
Diagnostic testing is a compass, providing information that helps in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of a range of health conditions.
Abbott’s life-changing tests and diagnostic tools give you accurate, timely information to better manage your health. We’re empowering smarter medical and economic decision making to help transform the way people manage their health at all stages of life. Every day, more than 10 million tests are run on Abbott’s diagnostics instruments, providing lab results for millions of people.
Our location in Abbott Park (Lake County), IL currently has an opportunity for a Principal Scientist, Research & Development to design, conduct, and lead advanced projects; provide technical leadership; multi-disciplinary within technical disciplines.
What You’ll Do
- Designs and executes experiments; applies advanced multi-disciplinary analytical techniques.
- Provide feedback to Engineering team on assay performance
- Analyzes data from multiple experiments, formulates conclusions and determines future experiments.
- Integrates data and identifies critical process variables.
- Presents scientific observations to others.
- Presents at Management Stage Gate Reviews.
- Expertise and Problem Solving: Establishes criteria and technical standards for excellence; anticipates, recognizes and resolves technical problems; identifies new directions for research.
- Project Planning: Generate and champions new project ideas.
- Establishes project and leads project planning, updates and process improvements.
- Establishes and reviews complex plans for multiple projects or activities.
- Plans resource allocation and distribution.
- Develops contingency plans.
- Documentation: Appropriately documents experimental procedures and results according to established guidelines.
Education And Experience You’ll Bring
- Ph.D. plus 6 years’ experience or B.S./M.S. with equivalency*; proven track record of research which advances technology within the division. *Equivalency to Ph.D. defined as ability to hypothesize, design own experiments, draw conclusions, and provide direction.
- Basic Computer Skills. Advanced knowledge of multiple analytical instruments.
- Experience with digital image processing and sensors
- Experience with assay development
- DOE expertise
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
Paid time off
401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Principal Scientist, Research & Development
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Principal Scientist, Research & Development, on Facebook at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Principal Scientist, Research & Development and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
Process Improvements (Business)