Position provides Information Technology (IT) Help Desk support to a classroom/training environment at the ITB TRACEN Yorktown, Virginia. In performing this role, candidate shall support all unclassified and classified IT support to the Intelligence Training Branch (ITB) at TRACEN Yorktown. The Help Desk Specialist, Level I (Junior), working in conjunction with the Systems Administrator, Level II (Lead) shall operate the ITB Yorktown Help Desk and perform roles including but not limited to:
- Ensure all IT support is documented by a ticket, either user or contractor generated.
- Perform initial and recurring operating system imaging of Unclassified, Secret, and Top Secret workstations.
- Serve as liaison for all IT issues requiring support from TRACEN IRM Branch.
- Perform user and object management in Active Directory.
- Perform network management, switch maintenance, cable management.
- Perform touch labor / troubleshooting of ITB staff and student workstation, printer, VTC, and VoIP issues on Unclassified, Secret, and Top Secret security domains.
- Perform patch management and respond to Time Compliance Technical Orders on server, workstation, and network hardware.
- Maintain databases of ITB Yorktown IT hardware including but not limited to workstations, VoIP phones, printers, servers, and Video-Teleconference (VTC) endpoints.
- Maintain Outlook calendar for VTC’s scheduled for ITB Yorktown.
- Schedule VTC’s, establish VTC sessions for ITB Yorktown staff, troubleshoot VTC issues as necessary, ensure at least one Help Desk person remains available in the local ITB Yorktown classroom area to triage problems that may occur after the VTC session is established.
- Manage and maintain a Microsoft Print Server, assist ITB Yorktown staff and students with printer related issues, troubleshoot on-site printers and perform preventative maintenance.
- Maintain TS/SCI Voice over IP hardware endpoints.
- Support commercial telephone service conference calling for ITB Yorktown staff as requested.
- Comply with applicable USCG IT security directives.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training, and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs, and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Complex Problem Solving
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)