Do you want to grow with us? At DXP we are passionate about what we do and driven to be the best solution for our industrial customers. Since 1908 DXP has been dedicated to the highest quality of customer service through our expertise of the products we distribute and the technical services we perform with a sense of individual pride and company spirit. Throughout your career with DXP, we will encourage and empower you to take an active role in identifying and driving your development, so you feel total confidence in your ability to achieve ongoing success. We aspire to be the best solution for the Industrial customers' needs for MROP products and services through our Innovative Pumping Solutions, Metal Working, Supply Chain Services and Service Centers.
DXP | Alaska Pump and Supply is a dynamic and growing company looking for skilled Mechanics and/or Field Service Technicians to join the team. We have a fast paced & busy service shop that offers full service repairs of pumps, motors, and other rotating equipment from customers in every industry in the state of Alaska.
By applying to DXP, you will have the opportunity to speak with some of the most respected professionals in the industry.
Responsibilities of the Pump Mechanic include, but are not limited to
- Be On-time, Safe, and Courteous to customers
- Perform repairs on centrifugal, gear, diaphragm, reciprocating, and progressive cavity pumps as well as other related rotating equipment, motors, and engines in the shop and/or in the field
- Troubleshoot rotating equipment problems
- Perform functional testing on completed repairs
- Fabricate and assemble custom equipment skids and packages
- Perform field startup of various equipment and controls including programming various VFD drives and PLC controls (Depending on experience and skills)
Qualifications of the Pump Mechanic include, but are not limited to:
- Safety Awareness is a MUST! Ability to safely evaluate a job and then execute a well thought out plan is required!
- Previous experience in mechanical and electrical equipment assembly and repair.
- Ability to read and understand O&M and Service Manuals.
- Organized and able to keep a clean work environment.
- Team player who works well with others and can follow instructions without close supervision.
- Must have valid driver's License, clean driving record, able to pass background checks and drug tests.
Preferred Qualifications (Optional):
- Experience with repair and troubleshooting of pumps and rotating equipment.
- Experience with mechanical seals and rotating equipment alignment.
- Experience with repair and troubleshooting of diesel engines and large electric motors.
- Experience with fabrication, pipe fitting, and/or welding.
- Experience with control panel startup and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of VFD drives and PLC programming is a plus
Physical Demand: Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. regularly and consistently, up to 100 lbs. with assistance and/or lifting equipment.
Working Conditions: Requires activities involving being around moving machinery, exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity, and exposure to dust, fumes and gases.
Training/Certifications: Forklift certification preferred, but not required. Knowledge in Hot work permits, Trenching and Shoring, JSA, LOTO, Air Monitoring
Shift Time/Overtime: Ability to work overtime to include Saturday and Sunday shifts as needed, subject to state guidelines.
Travel: Willingness to travel when needed and work overtime when required.
Education: High school diploma or GED is required.
DXP is always looking for individuals who want to join a team of employees who have the desire to achieve remarkable accomplishments together. The culture of the organization is supportive and goal oriented with high expectations, yet it is an environment where the team spirit inspires everyone to do their best. All DXP employees play a vital part in the organization and are treated with respect. By applying to DXP, you will have the opportunity to speak with some of the most respected professionals in the industry.
DXP offers a comprehensive benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending, 401(k), paid holidays, Life and Disability Insurance, and additional supplemental products. EOE/M/F/D/V
Variable Frequency Drive
Programmable Logic Controllers