About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Independent Testing Specialist in Corporate Risk as part of the Independent Testing and Validation team. Learn more about the career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com
The Wealth and Investment Management Independent Testing & Validation (WIM T&V) group is responsible for establishing and maintaining a consolidated testing and validation program within the WIM line of business. Independent Testing & Validation is responsible for developing a common methodology and standards, providing governance and oversight, executing testing, and conducting horizontal reviews. Testing and validation teams are responsible for implementing the testing methodology and standards and executing group-specific testing. In this role, you will:
Required Qualifications, US:
- Responsibilities of the Senior Independent Testing Specialist role specific to the WIM T&V team include, but are not limited to the following:
- Planning and executing the test of design and operating effectiveness for controls within required timeframes and in accordance with established processes and procedures.
- Effectively communicating the testing or validation process, status, and results to business and risk partners.
- Writing and/or reviewing reports or presentations that clearly articulate the results/conclusions of testing or validation activities.
- Consulting on and leading the implementation of initiatives.
- Effectively communicating with IT&V Leadership and escalating validation concerns or issues as appropriate.
- Identifying and implementing efficiencies and process improvements.
- Providing credible challenge and recommendations to IT&V Leadership as needed.
- Actively participating in learning & development opportunities to ensure the use of best in class processes and procedures.
- Developing clear and concise reporting to be shared with IT&V Leadership.
- Assisting in managing change to ensure an effective risk management program.
- Mentoring and coaching Associates.
- Fostering relationships with teams and collaborating across other all testing and validation teams effectively.
- 4+ years of Independent Testing experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
Other Desired Qualifications
- A Master of Business Administration (MBA) or a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Designation
- Experience reviewing testing strategies and methodologies; evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, initiatives, products and internal controls; and identifying issues resulting from internal and/or external compliance examinations
- Experience testing policy, procedures, control and business process testing
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory agencies: Federal Reserve and OCC
- Specialized knowledge or prior regulatory compliance testing or review experience
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability
- Ability to present to executives
- Demonstrated success with influencing business units to identify, formulate and implement processes/procedures to mitigate risk.
- Strong critical thinking skills with ability to credibly challenge status quo
- Strong organization and prioritization skills
- Strong relationship management skills: ability to negotiate difficult positions without harming relationships
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS)
- Certified Financial Crimes Specialist (CFCS)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM)
- Certified Risk and Compliance Management Professional (CRCMP)
- Executes review activities in an effective manner. May lead moderate to high risk or complex review activity engagements in a matrixed environment, and communicates emerging risks to management.
- Completes review activities on schedule. Raises schedule delays to the review activity lead. Looks for opportunities to remediate schedule issues.
- Escalates any potential issues discovered during the completion of review activities to a review lead. Identifies potential corrective actions, and follows through on reporting, escalation, and resolution.
- Completes all documentation under limited supervision and appropriately retains all work papers (testing schedule, templates, work-papers, deferrals, deviations, etc.).
- Consults and implements initiatives with moderate to high risk.
- Internal interface with business regarding risk management. Limited to no external interaction
This position is not eligible for Visa sponsorship.
Job posting may come down early due to volume of applicants. We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
- Business Process Improvement
- Business Processes
- Business Relationship Management
- Certified Information Security Manager
- Certified Public Accountant