To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Hattiesburg, MS 39402
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Transport Driver - (8172)
Amerigas • Hattiesburg, MS
Posted 13 days ago
AmeriGas Propane is the nation's largest propane distributor, serving over 2 million residential, commercial, industrial, agricultural and motor fuel propane customers in all 50 states. AmeriGas is listed on the New York stock exchange [NYSE: APU]. For more information visit our website at www.amerigas.com.
TO APPLY, EITHER APPLY ONLINE OR CALL THE TOLL FREE JOB LINE AT 1-866-364-4361
Job Summary (Purpose):
The Transport Driver drives a tanker truck (11,400 gallon capacity) to pick up propane at the supply point (e.g. refinery, pipeline terminal, storage facility) and deliver it to area AmeriGas facilities. The driver will make four to five pick-ups and deliveries per day, driving an average of 500 miles per day and working up to 14 hours per day. Approximately 80 percent of the driver’s time is spent driving or waiting in line at the supply point.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive the tanker truck to pick up propane at the refinery and deliver to area AmeriGas facilities; approximately 45 minutes is required to load or unload the truck.
- Attach terminal hoses to the truck connections to pump propane into the tanker.
- Use permanent hoses attached to the filling ports or the hoses stored in the truck to unload the tanker. The hoses stored on the truck come in two sizes: 20 feet long, three inches in diameter; and 19 feet long, 1½ inches in diameter.
- Perform twice daily truck inspections.
- May climb ladders at some AmeriGas facilities to check gauges at the top of the bulk tanks.
Education and Experience Required:
- 3 Years Tractor and Trailer Experience. 200,000 miles minimum
- 1 Year Tanker Experience within the last 3 years, preferred
- Hazmat and Tanker Endorsement
- Eligible for a Transportation Workers Identification Card (TWIC)
- No Accidents in the Previous 3 years
- No More Than One Moving Violation in the Previous 2 years
- Environmental conditions such as rain, mud, ice, snow, and uneven terrain may affect this job.
AmeriGas is a Drug Free Workplace. Candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and a criminal background check. AmeriGas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.