PROVIDING RIGHT SOLUTIONS FOR ALL FIRE PROTECTION NEEDS SINCE 1990.
International Fire Protection (IFP) is an Alabama-based values driven fire suppression company. We have charted our history and legacy on our purpose of building meaningful relationships while making the world a safer place. Therefore, LIFE SAFETY IS OUR BUSINESS, as such, we promise to be the trusted leader in fire protection, delivering the highest quality life safety solutions with commitment to customer satisfaction and operational excellence.
* Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental Insurance, Flex Spend, 401k, ESPP
* PTO & Paid Holidays
* Company provided Vehicle and Tools
* Company paid NICET & Manufacturer Training
Life Safety Alarm Technician
The Life Safety Alarm Technician is responsible for testing and inspection of fire alarm systems as well as preventive maintenance with knowledge of multiple manufacturers' products. The Technicians will provide accurate and detailed inspection reports with all proper documentation of improvements and complications. They will also assist in selling IFP services for any identified deficiencies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Test, inspect and service fire alarm systems
* Identify & troubleshoot fire alarm deficiencies
* Cover on-call hours for servicing customers, including nights and weekends on a rotating basis
* Valid state driver's license
* Travel between customer sites daily
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds
* Depending on the customer site, noise level could be quiet (as in a library or public office) or moderate (as in a business office with computers and light traffic)
* Ability to withstand heights and climb ladders comfortably
LIMITATIONS and DISCLAIMER:
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an "at-will" basis.
International Fire Protection Inc. and its subsidiaries are affirmative action and equal opportunity employers, and do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
- Fire Alarm Systems
- Preventive Maintenance
- Problem Solving
- State Laws
- Public Administration