If you are located in the Valencia, CA area, you will have the flexibility to telecommute (work from home) as you take on some tough challenges.
Combine two of the fastest - growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making Healthcare data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
As a Customer Service Representative you will working in an environment where the client and patinet is at the center of everything that we do individuals in this position typically respond to patients, sales representatives, clients or their representative who have highly sensitive and / or escalated billing issues. The Customer Service Representative will research billing issues in order to respond and resolve them to the clients, patients, and companies’ satisfaction.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8 hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of (6:30am - 3:00pm PST). It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime. This position will be telecommute in Valencia, CA, however, training will be conducted at our office is located at 27027 Tourney Drive Valencia, CA 91355.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Make outbound calls to patients, carriers and/or any internal or external source as needed to resolve the issue
- Receive inbound calls from clients, patient, carriers and / or any internal or external source as needed to resolve the issue
- Send written correspondence to client and patient with resolution if unable to resolve via phone
- Handle sensitive client and patient interactions
- Thoroughly navigate of both Quest Billing System and the web
- Maintain all Compliance and HIPAA regulations at all times
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of Customer Service experience
- 1+ years of experience with Windows PC
- Data Entry experience (entering customer information)
- Experience using Microsoft Excel (ability to create a professional looking document, add worksheets, copy, paste, sort, freeze, hide cells, sum, create, add, and delete columns)
- Must be able to work Monday through Friday 6:30am to 3pm PST
- Must reside in or within a commutable distance to UHG office physically located at 27027 Tourney Drive Valencia, CA 91355
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- 1+ years of Billing experience
- Remittance experience
- Healthcare Billing experience
- Call Center Customer Service experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to multi - task, including the ability to type while talking on the phone
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work in a fast - paced environment
- Ability to meet quality standards
- Ability to meet production standards
- Ability to handle other projects as assigned
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. At this time, 90% of our non - clinical workforce transitioned to a work at home (remote) status. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us. You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities at: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Customer Service Representative - Work from Home
Careers with OptumInsight. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the Healthcare industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: customer service representative, customer service, CSR, UnitedHealth Group, call center, Optum, health care, office, phone support, billing, work at home, work from home, WAH, WFH, remote, telecommute, hiring immediately, #rpo